jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Top 10 List - What do you think of the format?

1. OregonWino profile image75
    OregonWinoposted 7 years ago

I thought I allready posted this question...but maybe I have lost my mind...

Anyways, I havea  couple of hubs that use a "Top 10 List" formatt and was wondering what other hubbers think of this style?  Do any of you have success with it?

If you want an example I have a couple published (Top white wines etc.)

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You did post this question, it's in Extreme Hub Makeover.

OregonWinoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

ahhhhh.....weird I couldnt find it under my posts....weird!!

2. starme77 profile image87
      starme77posted 7 years ago in reply to this

lookie its the know it all

3. shazwellyn profile image82
      shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

you are just sooo on the ball!  How do you do it? x

3. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

I use the top ten format quite a lot, with varying results. Some of my top ten hubs barely earn a dollar a month, while others seem to be quite capable of bringing in over $1000 a month.

I do note this difference to SERP rankings though, and I believe the top ten format is a very successful sales technique, since it offers prospective buyers several options, rather than just the option of to buy or not to buy.

Awesome man, thank you for the well thought out response.  I will be sure to check out your hubs for ideas on layout etc.

1. modeca profile image56
        modecaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey thisisoli ,
        Congratulations on your success, care to share any tips on how to make a $1000/month hub?

What about this for a killer hub topic....

"How One Web Page Makes Me 1000 dollars a month"

4. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

The question is how are the Hubs doing?  Are they bringing in traffic, are you getting comments?  Only you can really answer this question. smile

I am getting decent traffic.  Not a ton of comments on my most popular hub, but then again about 90% of the traffic for that hub is from Google

1. profile image62
        kakinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Which is where you should be getting them anyway, because as much as hubbers like your content, they'll probably not buy or click on your ads, because (at least i do) they get the idea that maybe, just maybe that ad could have their id and get banned or penalized for clicking their own ads.

Yeah, top ten lists work, but only if you get the really top ten and not just "The first ten I found" lists.

Good luck with that!

working