jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)

Lefty or righty?

1. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

No i am not asking if you are left or right handed.
    I have been seeing alot of activity in the forums today about Hubbers being banned and my question is are you a lefty? (someone that will defend a friend regardless of what they do?) or a Righty? (someone that believes the rules are absolute regardless of who broke them) or are you somewhere in between?

1. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your question has a hint of judgement to it by asserting that by defending someone right or wrong constitutes you being on the left.  On the other hand believing that stubborness being a prerequisite in defending ones principles constitutes being on the right also has a bias.

It will be interesting seeing how people respond to your question.

1. Izzy Anne profile image61
        Izzy Anneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good answer.  Also take into account that the American left is far to the right of the European left.

Also, some liberals believe in limits to free speech when people's religion, skin colour or sex are involved.  Many on the right find that is a limit to free speech. 

Rules are useless if they are not enforced.  But you need the wisdom of a Solomon to know where free speech ends and libel or personal insult begins.

2. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1. zzron profile image61
        zzronposted 6 years ago in reply to this

3. starme77 profile image84
      starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Both, right is right and wrong is wrong , friend or not really I don't compromise right and wrong

4. Creaminizer23 profile image61
      Creaminizer23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am more of a guy who follow standards. I know I broke some rules every now and then but I am willing to correct them smile

2. 61
    SkinnyKinnyposted 6 years ago

3. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

somewhere in between-- depends on the friend and what rule or rules were "broken"

4. 0
    blatvaposted 6 years ago

1. 0
      blatvaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Meaning that Rules are made for a reason.. But being a very two sided girl, I can see myself standing up for a friend as well... to a point.

5. Sa Toya profile image86
    Sa Toyaposted 6 years ago

I'm Gray baby! I think I'll stick up for a friend depending on the situation- they were defending themselves.I won't if they were antagonising others.

I would also defend if they were unfairly banned!

The rules are to be respected and are there for a reason BUT some people take it too far and report needlessly.

6. 0
    Hikikomoriposted 6 years ago

Righty here.

7. 0
    blatvaposted 6 years ago

Ahh. What the heck. I've thought about it more. Lefty.

I really don't care about rules when it comes to friends XD might as well own up to it.

8. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I think I'm a tweener that is leaning to the left.

1. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Tweener, leaning to the right.  Respect for the medium and everyone who participates precludes me from "defending to the death"

9. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 6 years ago

10. efeguy profile image59
    efeguyposted 6 years ago

11. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Left, no, Right, no, Left, umm what was the question again? tongue

12. shazwellyn profile image85
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

I do believe in freedom of speech.  However, I also do believe in respect for all people.  There is no excuse for attacking behaviour.

What really infuriates me mostly, however, is INJUSTICE!  Whoever that may pertain to.  Even if it is my worst enemy, I will see injustice and seeth.

Denno done a hub to exemplify an injustice...