jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Kontera not showing on my hubs?

1. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 7 years ago

I got myself a new Kontera account the other day, set my settings for it in my hubpages links and made sure the hubs I have were updated with it.

However I still don't see any Kontera links in my hubs. Do they only show up with specific key words or something?

1. skmania profile image60
      skmaniaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

kontera will be show only when you signed out from your account.so,try signout ,...came back to your page to see kontera ON .Hope it works..
      thank you..

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

Kontera only appears to signed out visitors.  Try signing out of HubPages and looking at your hub again.

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Kontera does not show when you are logged in. And I would be extra cautious with it, people have a mixed experience and general understanding is you want to have a decent traffic before turning Kontera on - due to their not-so-friendly to small publishers payment practices.

And then it is just annoying to visitors IMO. I don;t use it. smile

PS Oops, Paul beat me to it smile

4. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 7 years ago

Thanks to both of you. Yeah, I think it can be bothersome as it pops up a screen and I hate that. Also I think the PPC is very, very small. Might re-think this one, thanks! smile

5. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Bill, as one of the few people who makes money from Kontera, I can tell you right now, you're not going to earn anything from them.

If you don't earn more than $5 per month, they keep it.  By my estimates, you need upwards of 10,000 pageviews per month to start seeing decent money.

1. Bill Manning profile image72
      Bill Manningposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the heads up Relache. I have a dozen or so of my own websites I can use affiliate links also. However I've decided not to use Kontera.

The pop-ups annoy people and the PPC is way less than adsense. I make around 6 bucks a day with adsense on my own sites. Anyway thanks all! smile

6. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 7 years ago

A few of my referrals are running Kontera, though I imagine none of them make much from it at all, and my 10% cut is continually under the monthly $5 threshold.

Last month (November) my stats showed 13k views and earnings less than $4.

1. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I finally figured out that part of why I do make money from Kontera is one of my referrals.  Not the highest quality Hubs, but this one author sure has a lot of them.  Their URLs turn up in my reports.

working