jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Dubpages

1. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

Say I wanted to write an article about branding for hubpages but havent got permission, could I masquerade as 'dubpages' and pretend the designs are for a 'dub' music website? I just sketched some designs for hubpages t-shirts but can't publish a hub because I havent got permission

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thats a bit dodgy, I think!  They would probably ban you, and what good would that do for you?

1. Richieb799 profile image65
        Richieb799posted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah maybe a bit dodgy, seems a shame because I spent a while sketching them sad

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

With those kinda things it's always wise to get a permission first, and start working second smile

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I would expect a lawsuit.

4. Richieb799 profile image65

I think I will just change the designs when I get chance, I don't want to get in trouble, I didn't think when I sketched them.. I will just change my topic to merchandise in general

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

If you're just posting the design to illustrate a hub, it's definitely not a problem.  If you wanted to start selling them, we'll need to think about it a bit further.  James also has a new logo in the works, so if you're design incorporates the current HubPages logo it might soon be out of date.

6. Richieb799 profile image65

yeah it was just a hub to discuss the possiblity of t-shirt ideas, they are just sketches to illustrate really, its just I was'nt sure whether I was allowed to publish them so thank you for answering my question paul.
    The designs incorporate the existing logo and the name. I just like to write about what Im thinking about on a daily basis. I was'nt planning on selling anything lol, I havent got the time for that!

working