jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

About Twitter:

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I just joined twitter. Can it be used for backlinks to my hubs? If so, how's the best way to do this? Thanks, and remember - you're dealing with a computer dummy here!

1. Mekenzie profile image93
      Mekenzieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

habee, At the bottom of each of your published hubs (right before your comments) you will find a symbol with the words "Share This." When you click on the symbol it will give you the option to share your hub on Twitter.  Click on Twitter and a message will be ready for you to tweet.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I post all of my hubs on Twitter. I use hashmarks which means if people search on that topic they will find my link.

For example, I always put #hubpages after my link. I would also add a hashmark for the subject such as #games.

What is your username on Twitter? I'll add you.

3. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 6 years ago

Alright "habee" if you and "Uninvited" can do it, I guess I can as well.  Tomorrow's task - finally figure out twitter!  Thanks for the help folks...

4. Beth100 profile image84
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

There is also the option of tweeting it when you publish your new hub.  I haven't added the hash marks yet, but will do so.  Thanks UW.

You can follow me as beth_chau. smile

5. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

twitter is great for direct promotion

http://hubpages.com/hub/Twitter-Make-Mo … ze-twitter

but has no immediate use for backlinks  (nofollow)
    there are third party apps that you can integrate like twitterwall that can lead to backlinks

6. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

Twitter is an option when you publish here so every hub can be posted there too.  Same with Facebook and others.

7. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

UW, my username there is hoabee. lol. Habee was taken! so now, I's a ho!!

8. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Okay, I can post a link to my hubs on Twitter. I did that. How do people see them? do I need to have friends there? Does it work like Facebook? I know when I publish a hub, the link appears on Facebook - to my friends' pages. Is Twiiter the same?

BTW, I just hit 300 hubs - in 7 months! I just realized it when
    I glanced at my pic!

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yep, you need followers..prob the main reason hubs changed the name preceding the public feed