Can one topic be spread over several hubs, such as a short story?

1. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I am writing my own science fiction thriller. It is not my first attempt at writing, but, I would like to see if there would be an interest in my work before I try to publish.

Would it be against the rules to spread one story over several hubs, as in chapter being a seperate hub? Or, would I be better of publishing it to my own site? (Still debating on that one.)

I may just go with self publishing, but, I figure this would be a good way for me to develope a fan base. Any comments?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you can write a chapter per Hub, it's not against any rules.

I'm not sure it's the way to build a fan base, though.  You'll get Hubbers reading it, but are external readers going to find it through search engines?  It's doubtful, and they won't come looking for sci-fi on HubPages.

Publishing a few chapters would be a good way to get some feedback from other Hubbers, but after that, my advice would be - wait till you can publish the completed work, then set about promoting it through HubPages and other avenues.

2. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the responce Marisa. That is kind of what I figured.
    Maybe I will just do a summary, and see how that goes.

I have several chapters of the story ready, and could probably quickly achieve 10 hubs with what I have so far. My main worry is someone latching onto it, and claiming it as their own.

Thanks again.