jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What are ad levels low and medium?

1. beta1070 profile image60
    beta1070posted 8 years ago

I've read the bit in the FAQ about "commercial" - and there are several links to that from various threads - but that only answers why and when you should set your ad level High.
    What about the two in-between levels of low and medium. Does anyone know if there is an explanation that covers all four levels anywhere?

2. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

You are not allowed to use "low" or "medium" on a commercial Hub.

If you Hub qualifies as non-commercial, you can choose no ads, low ads, or medium ads.

The only thing that changes is the number of ads placed on your Hub.

If you want to make more money, have more ads.

If you don't care about the money and you don't want you readers distracted, have fewer ads.

On a non-commercial Hub, it's entirely up to you.

3. About-The-Home profile image61
    About-The-Homeposted 8 years ago

Surely if it's non commercial, you wouldn't have any ads, or am I missing something Jenny?

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The automatic default when you build any Hub is "high," as that's what brings HubPages the most earnings.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
        Jason Menayanposted 8 years ago in reply to this

...and you, of course. smile

4. beta1070 profile image60
    beta1070posted 8 years ago

About-The-Home, by non-commercial, Jenny is likely referring to the Hubpages use of the term to mean anything that doesn't explictly promote your own site/affiliate link/other profit generation.

Thanks, Jenny, for taking the time. I kind of guessed that the Ad level controlled how intrusive the ads would be either by controlling the quantity of ads or their size/location. Now that I know that it's a quantity control I'm still interested in finding out the rest.

What I couldn't find was the differences between the three non-commercial levels. Does anyone know if it's elaborated on anywhere?