jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

How many of you have blogs/sites?

1. 79
    kakinposted 6 years ago

After some time of reading the forums, I've noticed that most people here focus WAY more than I do on writing their hubs, so I was wondering...

How may of you have a site/blog? and how much time do you spend promoting it (as opposed to writing content/hubs)?

I do have two blogs of my own, but I find myself promoting them far more that I can write new content for them (they are a little on the technical side of things), so how do you go about it?

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Kakin, I think most people who have their own sites will tell you they spend far more time promoting than writing, because it's so difficult to get your sites noticed by the search engines otherwise.

That's why HubPages is so great, because Hubs achieve a certain amount of ranking just by the fact that they're part of HubPages.  Many of my Hubs are double duty - they earn money in their own right but also include backlinks to my own sites.

1. chinweike profile image48
      chinweikeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have a serious point. Though am new to hubpage but have quickly noticed that google seem to prefer hubpage contents than that of regular sites or blogs

3. James H Patton profile image60
    James H Pattonposted 6 years ago

I have three blogs and one website,a rather full plate I know. I can tell you that my blogs take a great deal of time in order to keep content flowing. The key to a blog's success with search engines is consistent updating. Fortunately, my website takes care of itself most of the time. I set aside quiet time, usually at night, to write hubs. I may think of an idea during the day, or over a course of days, note them and then wait until my quiet time to create a hub. As they say, different strokes for different folks, but that is how I manage. It is a process though, requiring much discipline in my case.

1. princess g profile image61
      princess gposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have several blogs. I almost never do any promotion, for blogs, hubpages, or other article sites.

I might make more money if I did.Maybe it's a good idea. But I'm lazy

4. Andrea Hanly profile image59
    Andrea Hanlyposted 6 years ago

I have 23 sites and mostly use Hubs as a way of getting backlinks for those sites. Any money made by the hubs is a bonus. I thought about using Hubs for more than this, but I don't want a lot of money earning content tied to the whims of someone else. Those who lost a lot with Squidoo last year know what I mean. also, it is much better to own your own real estate and get full advertising dollars as opposed to renting space and getting just part of it.

5. Dale Mazurek profile image58
    Dale Mazurekposted 6 years ago

I write to promote my blogs.

I write articles to promote my blogs and websites.

Its a matter of giving the proper mix.  I spend time on Hubpages, my blogs and websites.

Anything you can do to have a backlink is good for your website.

Being lazy online will only breed failure. 

Dont let anyone ever tell you that earning online is easy.

You really have to love what you are doing and you have to be willing to educate yourself.

I work full time which in the oil patch is a minimum of 12 hour days but still work almost full time online as well.

For me this means about 3 hours of sleep a day but for me it is what I choose so I can succeed.

6. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 6 years ago

I have a website to promote my books and school visits. I also have a couple of poorly neglected blogs. Since  I started my new job last summer I have not used as much time on any of them, including my Hubpages. Got to work on my time management;o)

7. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I have about 10 of my own hosted websites. I make blogger blogs, hubs, squidoo lens, free wordpress blogs and so on to get traffic to my websites.

I make all my money on my websites. I have made nothing so far with my hubs, and don't plan to make any with hubs. My subjects are just not popular enough.

I actually pay another writer to write short informative post for my blogs as I don't have the time. Then I use my time for getting links, SEO and writing my own articles in places like this.

I have over 40 different affiliates. I find the key to making money on the web is small amounts from many different places. Also,,, sex sells! wink

8. StarryNightsDiva profile image81
    StarryNightsDivaposted 6 years ago

I have a blog - but it's mainly about my web-boutique. I update it pretty regularly.

9. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

I write at a couple of other websites and I have a blog called From Harley's Kitchen. It's a place to find recipes for homemade dog food.