jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

Do you publish all comments on your hubs

1. freelanceauthor profile image60
    freelanceauthorposted 6 years ago

Im just wondering if anybody are also doing this; I have some few hubs making it to the front page of either yahoo or google. These hubs usually get many comments from people who want to make a hitch ride to my hubs my posting comments with links to their sites where they promote their products.

FOr me it is not fair considering that I made all the efforts of researching and writing the articles and all these people do is to put their links to their site which is related to the topic.

For this reason, I constantly check my hubs for any comments and delete those that posted comments only for the sake of marketing purposes.

How about you guys, are you also doing this?

Happy New Year 2010to all hubbers.

2. Miss Belgravia profile image80
    Miss Belgraviaposted 6 years ago

That's exactly how I handle it. If someone disagrees with me, that's one thing, and I'll post those. But I don't post spammers.

3. elayne001 profile image48
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

I've had quite a few spammers lately. I reported it and then deleted their backlinks as suggested by those wiser than me. I usually post the rest if they add to the hub.

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

I post all. I'm glad they took the time.smile

5. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 6 years ago

Yup, every one of them. Good or bad except spammers! smile

6. freelanceauthor profile image60
    freelanceauthorposted 6 years ago

Hmm, two different groups handling the case differently.

You may have a point that they took the time to visit and read your hub because they did it to promote their site...anyway, there are still chances that they get attracted to one of the ads in your hub and earn some few cents or a dollar from that click.

Thanks for that view; but still, I belong to the other group that shall delete comments made for promotional purposes only. Unless the link showed useful information.

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

For me, it depends. If they leave a legitimate comment with a link, I usually post it. If it's only a link, I delete. If it's only a word or two with a link, I delete it.

8. Wayne Orvisburg profile image81
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 6 years ago

Don't have enough comments to worry about it yet. LOL

1. K Partin profile image61
      K Partinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Wayne I just commented......what do you say? yikes

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image81
        Wayne Orvisburgposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! I get excited when I see them. I really like getting feedback to help me improve. Thanks again!

1. K Partin profile image61
          K Partinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I enjoy them too...you're welcome.

9. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I keep a firm rein on spam and off-topic posts, ie I delete that sort of stuff with little to no hesitation.

10. Beth100 profile image82
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

I approve only comments that relate to my articles.  If it's spammers, then no.  If it's anything other than about the article, then no.  If it's negative, I use my own judgement.  smile

11. Pr0metheus profile image60
    Pr0metheusposted 6 years ago

Most of them... I had someone on my ableton live review basically say "ableton sucks, use this program... buy it here, and use my promo code". Denied... promote your code somewhere else, please!

12. fastfreta profile image80
    fastfretaposted 6 years ago

I've been getting blatant ads for comments, with no comments related to my hub whatsoever, so those I eliminate right away.

13. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I've been getting tired of deleting comments from people who self promote with a link to their site. So the other day I went through most of my hubs and changed the setting to only allow comments from registered Hubbers.