jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Publish when it is ready, or publish and keep adding content later?

1. Jenn Knows profile image60
    Jenn Knowsposted 9 years ago

Hey

Great site, great community.  I have signed up last night, and started working on my first hub.  It took me way longer than I thought, and I didn't want to wait longer, and published it. Here it is:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Ultimate-Belly-Dancing-Guide

Is it ok to publish, and keep adding content later, or complete it first (even if it takes days/weeks), then publish it?

What are your opinions on this?

thanks in advance
    jenn

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Don't publish a hub until it's ready, but then if new or better info comes up, or if you want to update it, add material later.

2. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 9 years ago

Jenn

Welcome to  Hubpages - I think either approach is OK but my preference would be to publish sooner rather than later.  However, one benefit of leaving a hub unpublished  for a while is the score tends to rise a bit so you publish with a higher score.  The great thing with Hubs is you can edit them as often as you like.

I like your Hub by the way - well done!

3. Om Paramapoonya profile image90
    Om Paramapoonyaposted 9 years ago

I think you should wait until it's ready. That way you get better hub scores and feel like u're absolutely ready to move on to a new hub.  I just started too. Just 2 weeks ago. Now I'm totally addicted to hubpages!

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
      Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't take long, does it?

1. Om Paramapoonya profile image90
        Om Paramapoonyaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

LOL Nope not at all smile

4. College politico profile image59
    College politicoposted 9 years ago

You should only publish something that you think is publishable. If it is only halfway done and makes no sense then definitely don't publish it. But if its a complete work that you think you may want to update in the future... then by all means publish it now and update it later.

5. Jenn Knows profile image60
    Jenn Knowsposted 9 years ago

Thanks for all the replies.  I'll publish the hub when I feel it's ready, but I'll keep adding content later on.

any ideas on promoting our hubs outside of hubpages.com?

p.s. I'm already loving hubpages smile and a great community.

working