jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

How important is picture to article writing

1. bluesky4real profile image59
    bluesky4realposted 7 years ago

Is it important to always include pictures in my articles before publishing?

I also want to know if picture tags boost SEO.

1. prosmentor profile image48
      prosmentorposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is good to always include your articles. Picture tags increases your SEO. It makes your articles attractive.

2. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

I've heard it does boost it but I don't know for sure.  People love pictures.  Graphics catch the attention of people better than words.  I would suggest including pictures.

3. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

It is always important to place pics in your hubs and SEO's love them.smile

4. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago

I would also say that using pictures is a good idea.  People on Hub Pages who don't use pictures end up with their own avatar as the thumbnail picture next to the article title in their profile page.  So if the person's published lots of hubs, loads of identical avatar pictures will appear on this page. It looks a bit spooky I think (particularly if your avatar is like the one I'm using at the moment lol)

bluesky4realposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol Thanks for the advice.

1. SweetiePie profile image84
        SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

However, I have been here for three years and I would like to suggest that it is okay not to use a picture on some hubs.  If you are not taking your own pictures you want to use creative commons ones on Flickr to be on the safe side.  Actually seeing a whole bunch of avatars is not scary at all, and just means someone has a different hubbing style the reader.

5. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

The pictures are important, but all of these must be taken by me.  In the age of the digital camera it is so easy to take our own pictures, and it gives ownership to our hubs.  One thing I am happy to know is in the search engines I have provided many unique pictures of the San Bernardino Mountains and crafting no one else has uploaded, and I actually get a few Google image searches for that reason.

bluesky4realposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have a huge collection of pictures i shot but its difficult choosing the one that will fit in with the topic.

Thanks, I truly appreciate the advice.

1. SweetiePie profile image84
        SweetiePieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not everyone agrees with me about taking the own pictures thing, but seriously I think it helps us to focus more on our own writing by using our own pictures.  I always have done this, and I swear by it.  However, if you use other people's pictures the creative commons search on Flickr is helpful.

2. 0
      Audreveaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's such a good point - I never thought about the pics in terms of adding new content to the web.

6. bluesky4real profile image59
    bluesky4realposted 7 years ago

I so much appreciate every one that posted a comment. Thank you for your time.

I just did a research on blogging with tagged pictures and I discovered that not only does pictures beatify the article but also great for SEO, Google ads and traffic.

working