jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Negative Slide Show View Stats

1. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

This morning (New Year's Day), the stats at My Account look normal enough...except for the 1 Day Slide Show Views, which is showing a negative number, "-12".

Guess the photos on my Hubs are so ugly that folks are saying, "Hey, I not only didn't look at these; I sucked the whole concept into a black hole?"

And we all were hoping 2010 would be BETTER than 2009, right? lol

1. Haunty profile image83
      Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually, you are right there. Negative stats occur when the pictures are very ugly and unpleasant to look at.

2. 0

Whew!  Glad that's settled.  I hate a mystery!

1. manlypoetryman profile image72
      manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks to your sense of humor...Ghost lol i got the best laugh I had all day..."Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk!"...Glad that's settled...I hate a mystery," he says...lol lol lol lol

3. 0

Huh.  Still no responses to speak of.  I must be the only one?  Just took a look (3 days after 1st post) and my daily views of the "Hand Dug Post Hole" Hub is at -16 slideshow views. 

Considering that Hub never gets 16 views of the TEXT in a day....lol

4. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 6 years ago

hmmm! I don't understand it either.

5. dohn121 profile image87
    dohn121posted 6 years ago

I have that problem too, Ghost, and it's been going on for about 2 weeks or so.  But I only have that problem with one of my hubs (Do you remember my Far Side one?).  Right now, it's a -42.  Some days, it's -144 yikes

6. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 6 years ago

@dohn121, -144?

7. 0

Dohn is saying that this one Hub in particular is showing -144 slide show views for one single day.  Or rather, has done so. 

Go figure.

And yes, Dohn, I do remember your Far Side Hub.  Most definitely.

8. larryfreeman profile image85
    larryfreemanposted 6 years ago

Hi Ghost32,

Thanks very much for reporting this.

The negative number is caused when the HubPages stats server has a problem. 

We need to rerun some batch scripts to fix it.  These take a while to run so it should be fixed within the next few days.

9. 0

Hey, it makes my day, knowing I made your day! lol

Larry, thanks for the insight. (Also, you're welcome, of course.)  big_smile