jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How to set up adsense after published

1. 60
    Teri Roseposted 8 years ago

I had to set up my first hub in order to get my adsense code.  Now I am approved and have an account but I can't figure out how to go back to my published hub and get it set up with my code.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago
  3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

What you need to do is go here:

and associate your adsense account with your HubPages account.  Once that's done we place the ads into your hub automatically.

4. jvhirniak profile image93
    jvhirniakposted 7 years ago

I have affiliated my Adsense with Hub pages but I am still confused.  How do I control what gets put in the 'ad' on adsense?  Can't I select what products go in the adds? I am not seeing the type of banner that I selected (ie skyscarper 120x600) on my pages.  Besides, there were Adsense posts even before I signed up.  Please help if you can.

Joseph Hirniak

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

HubPages Inc make revenue that funds the operation of the site. And do so from their 40% cut of the ad impressions. Though when a Hub Author does not have their Adsense Publisher ID implemented, they use the whole 100%.

You don't control the size of the ads, that is managed by YieldBuild.

You can't select the products in the ads, that is determined by the content of your article. The advertising is contextual, so it is picking ads that are in context to your content.

What it means is all you have to do is put your Adsense Publisher ID into the affiliate settings and everything else is done automatically.