jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

posting a hub about cider?

1. Richieb799 profile image60
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

I noticed on shetoldme.com it says you can't promote beer or hard alchohol, does cider come under this? apparently its against adsense rules
    I dont know if cider comes under this bracket but I havent had my hub flagged

Richieb799posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have also seen a hub 'best drinks for st patricks day' and they obviously havent been flagged, I just dont want to get in trouble smile

2. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 7 years ago

If it's more informational I think it'd be alright. Rather than encouraging drinking or marketing it, particularly if there are affiliate links to sites for online sales.

I have a Flagship Hub on How Wine Is Made which was something that HubPages HQ specifically wanted written.

Richieb799posted 7 years ago in reply to this

no its none of that, should be alright then big_smile thanks

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

It's only not allowed if you are promoting places that sell alcohol.

4. profile image69
    logic,commonsenseposted 7 years ago

I hear cider is used for more than just drinking!
    Some one told me that if you have something that is hurting, you should soak it in cider! smile

1. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I tried that.
      It burned Real Bad...

5. Miss Belgravia profile image79
    Miss Belgraviaposted 7 years ago

Richie -- You may not know that to most Americans, "cider" is apple juice. "Hard cider" is the alcoholic kind. One of my friends here doesn't drink, so she told me she was just going to drink cider when she went to London. She had thought lots of people went to pubs and drank apple juice, and was sad to learn that cider is actually stronger than most beer!

1. Dao Hoa profile image61
      Dao Hoaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Really? I only drink the fresh apple juice cider!

6. Miss Belgravia profile image79
    Miss Belgraviaposted 7 years ago

The cider in the UK is fermented, like beer. And I loved it -- drank much more than my share!

working