The Hub Tribe is forming

Jump to Last Post 7451-7466 of 7466 discussions (14356 posts)
  1. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 13 years ago

laterzzzz

2. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

Let's see, where were we and what were we doing last year?  Party animals!  Cheetos - slim jims - beers beers and bears - sly greetings and exultations!  so happy, with so little!  tribers, my friends, well-wishers all!  Get yourself as high as you can go and don't forget to - ummm er, yeh, don't forget that! heh smile

Any of yous who doesn't sign in here sometime before midnight is a freeky geeky creepy sleepy chickeeeeeeen!  Das wat!

and don't forget, be nice! lol

1. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

not so partyish this year, well, that's ok.  Specially depressed over those Brits letting gays adopt, I suppose.

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Happy New Year gorgeous, and all else who swing this way.

4. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2007/12/invisiblecham128419608740865000.jpg

allow me to share with you!

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..happy new year!...i made it in before 12!  big_smile  big_smile

6. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

SOH - were you BRAGGING about making it in before 12? 
    I can't even remember what I did on NewYear's eve, it was just another night.

so, yeah, here we all are (or some of us, anyhow) and it's 2011 and we're - I don't know what.

American Idol auditioner last night, the one with the civil war get up? said his dad was NOT a hippy because hippies are about sex!  I dropped my teeth!  heehee!  Now that I know hippies are about sex, I can rest easy!  lol  still lmao!

1. mega1 profile image78

so mega1, talking to yourself again?  well, I don't doubt it! All you can think about is tribes, sex, and current American prejudices.  You can't win friends like that! stupid girl.  Give up already! Nobody wants to be in a back-in-the-day tribe with you.  For one thing you're so so, so, you know, so exclusive. And retro. Always talking to yourself!  duh.  give up! People want to belong to the post-newage (insert newest word for "group" here) or clique.  Whatever.

So, have a nice day, and stop bothering me!

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

where has everybody been? or was that posted a bit ago and I skipped it because I was so excited to say "hi mega!!"?

1. mega1 profile image78

everybody went fishing or something.  I don't know.  I just sometimes need to exhibit myself in a totally innocent and quietly undemanding way and so I think, "Oh, hey! there's always the tireless tribe to find a smile with"  and then, like, it's well, so "old-school" tribe-ing and all, so I'm like = wow! farout!  I'm the only one left?! but no. 

Yeah!  even better!  dude.  So, they're probably in and out just like you and me!

1. profile image0
            DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha!! sorry Mega. I know..this was was weeks ago, but life is crazy busy at the moment and right after I wrote that something stupid came up.

Hey tribe, hope everybody is well and had a great weekend. Wishing you all the love you deserve.  wink

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4617987_f248.jpg

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Mega...i think i was just saying happy new year before midnight....i rang it in, in my sleep....seems like a loooooong time ago now....

...and now i'm talkin' to myself.....

7. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 13 years ago

Helloo - oo - oo - o - o ....

big_smile

8. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

I have a bit of new info for y'all.  The tribe may be nearly defunct, but there may be a few tribers still there.  If so, please check in and we can celebrate something.  For real!

9. billabongbob profile image65
    billabongbobposted 12 years ago

I've only been at the hub for 6 weeks. May I join your tribe? I'm a modern weed growing hippy, I'm an excellent cook and story teller.....

10. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

why, of course!  Anyone can join the tribe - there are no rules, except the regular old HubPage rules everybody more or less follows.  And have fun while you're here - I'll be in and out, you know.  I hope, you know, that you bring along a few of your friends with yz so you can talk and dance and play the way we all still useta!

Maybe some of the other old tribers will come around and laugh with ya!

11. billabongbob profile image65
    billabongbobposted 12 years ago

Thank you soooooo much, I look forward to the gatherings big_smile. Count  me in wink

12. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 12 years ago

I've been gone for quite awhile, but I had to come back and see if the tribe was still partying around the campfire.  Saw Mega posted 2months ago and figured that wasn't too long to maybe stir up an ember or two.

Fire's small, but warming up and I've left a fresh pot of coffee and some apple fritters by the log benches...

smile

13. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

so, did you watch the eclipse of the moon this morning?  It was absolutely fabulous!  I can't believe I actually got up but I have pictures to prove it!  Great to see you TS - I've missed the tribe, but almost everybody who used to post here is gone now.  sad

14. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

see, I really was out on the porch in my oversized fake fur coat and my slippers watching the moon.  Why, I cannot say.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/54hwll.jpg

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I sort of figured a lot of the tribe may have wandered off in the past few months.  We're a transient group.  Its to be expected.

Glad to "see" you again here though!

15. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

Today's your last chance this year to check in with the Hub Tribe -  I suppose you're all lost and wandering around trying to stay away from the zombies - but still, you could call or write or something now and then, couldn't you?  After all, I don't ask much, just a log on the fire, a cup of joe, a cheeto - well, maybe no more cheetos - what?  you can't hear me?  HEY!  GET BACK HERE AND ENJOY YOUR TRIBE FOR AWHILE!  SAY HELLO TO YOUR MAMMA, OK?  lol

16. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

where's the party?  where's the party? huh? u r all just a bunch of party-poopers!  tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)