jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)

Does stress cause writers block?

1. Google Gal profile image60
    Google Galposted 6 years ago

How do you handle your writing when your really stressed about something? Do you submerge yousrelf in it and write more or do you get total writers block and write nothing? For me its the total writers block thing what about you?

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It helps me on the poetry front, because I try to drag my mind away from the real world. That's why I've been writing so much recently, but now I'm relaxed I'm writing more about music I'd like to share and such. (Plus I like the opportunity to show more people my music, because it is a passion of mine smile)

2. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

if i am stressed, like on a deadline, i submerge myself and write more and tend to get swallowed up by it. but it is impossible to do any creative writing if i am stressed out.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Definitely in my case, and depression.

1. Google Gal profile image60
      Google Galposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Does that keep you from writing?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes it does. Sometimes I can write my way out of it.

3. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 6 years ago

yes, writers block, eczema, indigestion (shall I go on?)

4. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Hahaha sorry for a moment there I had to put my glasses on I thought you said Does stress cause writers cock?

Anyway... I believe it could, because if you are stressed then that stress could lead to frustration that you can't write and then you simply can't perform, so there ya go writers cock.. er block!

5. wrenfrost56 profile image84
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

My best creative stuff happens when I am stressed and depressed. But I don't sleep or eat. You win some you lose some!

6. starme77 profile image85
    starme77posted 6 years ago

For me , stress completly stops me from writing , the past several months have been extremly stressful for me and so I haven't written much at all ,I really  need to stop stressing and start writing again smile

7. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

Having writer's block stresses me so I just walk away from it for a short time and come back with a fresh perspective. This only happens when I'm working on my screenplays and almost never when I'm on here writing info and product hubs.

The reason I get stressed is because I try to give each of my characters their own voice and when I find the voices blending I have to scrap it and rethink it rewrite it...

What helps me, is to go where there are a lot of people and just listen to the way people are talking.  It's kinda like snooping, but I call it research smile

8. Jonathan A Gill profile image60
    Jonathan A Gillposted 6 years ago

I don't write when I'm stressed … I try to do something else, and come back to the writing later.

9. gracenotes profile image93
    gracenotesposted 6 years ago

In the past, I've written some pretty good letters even though stressed out.  But that's intended for a party of one, and I could feel free to unleash my emotions.  Sometimes it was therapeutic.

I just can't seem to compose hubs or any writing that requires compositional skills when I'm upset about something going on in my life.

10. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

I really dont know but to write when you are stressed out, you might infect the mood of others who will read your articles,

11. AdsenseStrategies profile image74
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 6 years ago

I never get writer's bl...

1. RedElf profile image86
      RedElfposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smilebig_smilebig_smile good one!

12. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

It certainly does, well in my case anyway.