Please let me know if I am on the right track

1. helpdeskian profile image60
    helpdeskianposted 8 years ago

Ok so i put a few Hubs in Please feel free to check them out if you have time today and comment if you thnk they are interesting.  I created 2 groups to seperate my usually random thought kind of bloggy items from my more news worthy items. i have been keeping my adds to a minimum all set to low actually right now.

I am playing with the tagging thing and also summary page to see the differences in allowing the auto summary or typing yourself.

I figure as I add more of my news worthy post as opposed to my light hearted posts i will start to add more adds. i got my adsense account approved I just not sure it is fair to make people look at 100 adds jsut to read something I personally think is funny.

So I was thinking maybe I will keep adds to a minimum on my personal anec dotes and then put a more significant amount on to my more newsworthy?

Do you find it annoying to see an abundance of adds when reading something from shall we say less focused on links and sources of information and more focues on personal items?

Sorry for the long explanation.... As always any feedback is welcome!

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

I suppose it all depends on your ultimate goals.  As for the "bloggy" type stuff you mention, I would suggest you write a blog.  There are many excellent free blog platforms.  "Bloggy" type stuff really doesn't do all that well on HubPages.  Although there is some overlap of my own work, my bloggy stuff stays on my blog and my HP stuff has evolved into something totally different. 

As for the other "newsworthy" stuff, the only way to make any money off of it is ad clicks or amazon/ebay sales.  If you're not interested in that, then I guess you're fine keeping ads to a minimum.  At HP, you are really developing stand alone pages, although grouping does help to some degree.  So, having looked at your hubs, you might try using more capsules (text, photos, videos, links, etc.)  You want traffic from other sources, so you need to cater to what potential readers might be searching for  or are interested in.

3. helpdeskian profile image60
    helpdeskianposted 8 years ago

Awesome advice! i did start noticing that. How the pages link out to info on the subject your discussing. Thanks for taking the time. I am hoping to get the hang of this soon.