jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Flagging and comments of praise

1. profile image0
    Abhinayaposted 9 years ago

http://hubpages.com/profile/manoharv2001 has been flagging my hubs and at the same time writing comments like "Good hub","Very informative",Useful hub" in the same comment box......what is happening? I just can't understand.Why should one flag and write comments of praise? Though I click the "not spam" button,I feel uncomfortable. There is no "delete button".What should I do ? sad

1. vreccc profile image60
      vrecccposted 9 years ago in reply to this

What a little runt!!!!!!!! I can't believe he would do that. He must see you as a competitor.

1. profile image0
        Abhinayaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

He doesn't see me as his competitor vreccc.He can't even write a blog himself.I wouldn't be surprised if you find your blog elsewhere under his name.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Perhaps he thinks flagging is a good thing? big_smile

and flagging makes no difference unless hubpages agree.

How do you know it is him flagging you?

1. profile image0

Mark,he also leaves comments of praise in the same box, as I said.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 9 years ago

He does that to EVERYONE, it's not genuinely saying anything about the Hub or adding to the discussion and the same exact comments get repeated over and over and over and over....

I do flag people who comment in that manner and with that pattern as spam.

1. profile image0

Relache,He copied some of my blogs here on HP from other site.I had to flag those.

4. Mark Knowles profile image59

Sorry, you have lost me - is there a box that tells you you have been flagged?

5. profile image0

The comment box says spam and below it are options- 'not spam' , approve or deny.Every time I have to click the 'not spam' button.

6. Mark Knowles profile image59

That has nothing to do with some one flagging you.

That is the hubpages' spam filter asking you if you consider the message to be spam. smile

And if you don't want his messages, just click spam and delete.

7. profile image0

Thanks Mark.I got worried a bit. smile

8. Mark Knowles profile image59

Jusrt delete his comments - eventually, he will get banned from hubpages if enough of his comments get marked as spam. big_smile

1. profile image0

Don't want to hurt anyone Mark.I will delete the comments if I find them unbearable.Thanks again. smile

9. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 9 years ago

I got flagged a couple of times too, but evidentaly it wasn't up to hub page standards, so I either edited them or just deleted them, or posted them in the right place. 

I don't know who the man is, but taking it too personally is a waste of time.  It is only hub pages, and even praise for a good hub as an opinion doesn't neccesarily (I can't spell) mean just because that person liked it, that he could show biased favor.  Rules are rules, and made for fairness not favoritism.

1. profile image0

Sounds sensible.Thanks .smile

working