jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Question on a duplicate hub

1. Madison22 profile image78
    Madison22posted 6 years ago

He everyone, I wrote an article published it on xomba but then deleted it because I prefer for it to be here. It showed up as a duplicate. My question is does duplicate articles effect your hubs in a negative way? Thanks!

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

No, not in such an instance. If it's yours, the 'imprint' will show for a time. I have done such a thing and nothing bad came of it.

However, repeatedly duplicating your own content from 'X' site to this will have an affect. HP preferes original articles smile

1. Madison22 profile image78
      Madison22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks frogdropping!

3. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

I have seen blogging pros write that if you move an article it should be rewritten for a new keyword. I've no direct experience though.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

The duplicate article WILL have a negative effect while both are visable to both search engine crawlers, and Hubpages.  You may have to wait this out, and it may help if you ubpublish your Hub for a few weeks, it should not however take too long for Google to de-index it, or you can request that they do this directly o speed things up!

5. Madison22 profile image78

Thanks for the advice thisisoli and will. May be I will unpublish it for a while.

6. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

It may not take that long.  For instance, I joined Today.com in the days when they were paying $1 a post. I deleted an old blog, and used all the posts from that for my Today blog.  At the time I had no idea about caching, so there was only a week or two lag between deleting the old blog and posting them on Today.

I know for a fact that Today was checking every post for duplication, because they flagged (and didn't pay me for) a couple of posts which were rewrites of Helium articles (I obviously didn't rewrite them enough!).  But not one of the old blog posts was picked up as duplicate.

It can take a while for the duplicate flag to disappear on HubPages, though, because they don't seem to run the check very frequently. I completely rewrote an article nearly three weeks ago that is still showing the duplicate warning.

7. Madison22 profile image78

Thanks for being so helpful Marisa.

8. lovelife999 profile image61
    lovelife999posted 6 years ago

better to do some changes in your article and than publish here.