OK..So what is a tag cloud? Did you know that some tags have nofollow

1. shazwellyn profile image82
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Firstly what is a tag cloud?

What is the difference between a tag and a keyword or keyphase, or is there none?

Why are some tags have no follow and what relevance is this anyway?

I just want to use a bit of polyfilla in my knowledge base, is there anyone who can answer these questions?

1. Haunty profile image85
      Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A tag cloud is simply a bunch of tags together.

A keyword is a phrase that people search for in google and you have to use in your hub many times so that your hub can be found. It is recommended to use your keywords as tags too.

A tag is a word or phrase you use to describe your hub. It creates a link in the sidebar that when clicked brings you to a list of all the hubs having that same tag - a list of similar hubs. So basically a tag is a tool to categorize hubs.

When a link is 'nofollow' it means that the google robot doesn't follow it to its destination page. So for instance, if you use a site that gives links the 'nofollow' attribute to backlink to your hubs, then google when scans that site will not follow the link and your hub will not be found. So 'nofollow' links are no good for backlinking purposes.

At least that's my understanding of it. But did you not ask these questions 3 months ago?

2. fishtiger58 profile image82
    fishtiger58posted 6 years ago

Great question. I await the answer myself.