jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

SPAM?

1. H.C Porter profile image85
    H.C Porterposted 7 years ago

I have been getting a lot more spam than usual lately. I push to delete it, but later the same day or the next day, I have more... Is there a way to get rid of it 'for good'?

1. SandyMcCollum profile image79
      SandyMcCollumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean, getting a lot of spam? Like in your email? Or in your comments n fan mail?

Nevermind, Relache just answered it.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Be sure to mark the message/comment as spam before you hit delete.  This teaches the system filters to catch it automatically. 

I always do that when I get spam, and I have to say I see very little of it in my comments, even when a big wave it hitting the whole site.

H.C Porterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Okay-thanks-will do

3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

May be this is because of your new pic? wink

haha...you dont like it? Not as happy as the last one but it's still me

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I liked the other one better, but looks like wsp likes this one - and spammers, too tongue

the problem i have with finding pictures of me is, i am a photographer, so i typically have the camera-meaning i only have a few pictures of myself, and i think that 1/2 are from a camera phone and of low quality- I was thinking about starting to change my profile picture every week or so-just because i can (even if it is recirculating the same 5 or 6 pics)

4. ysdata profile image67
    ysdataposted 7 years ago

I've notice a lot more spam myself.  I have been getting emails and comment spam.  I have been deleting them but was wondering what is causing the increase.

5. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

LOL I guess we share the same problem - while not professionally, I do all the picturing in my family LOL. But my 5 yo starting to catch up though, this pic has been shot by him. So you have a hope to get there eventually smile

6. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

I find the uggs spam comments amusing, especially on hubs where these would not even apply.  The ugg commenter was really persistent, and I saw about five of their comments went to the spam box in an eight hour period smile.

7. Peter Hoggan profile image84
    Peter Hogganposted 7 years ago

working