jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Problem with traffic on ALL Hubpages?

1. Angela Harris profile image76
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

My Adsense is way down today, and the reason why is my traffic is way down as well. I checked my Hubs and big bad blue arrows are on every Hub that has decent traffic. All but one. The only Hubs that are unaffected are the ones that don't have enough traffic to matter anyway. And, no, none of the Hubs have been flagged.

Anyone else notice this?

And my crazy Mama would put all other crazies to shame. (If you don't understand, never mind.) wink

2. GreatTattoosNow profile image62
    GreatTattoosNowposted 8 years ago

Hey Angela-

I don't think it is just you or your hubs.  My are WAAY down also.  Adsnse earnings dropped traffic dropped.  Hopefully it is a temporary thing and not a google slap or something more permenant. 

Just goes to show it is always better to diversify if you are at all reliant on the income.

3. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

My numbers are way way down today too.  sad  I believe it may have something to do with yieldbuilder having serious issues for most of the day today.

I really hope it gets fixed soon!

4. Hope Alexander profile image79
    Hope Alexanderposted 8 years ago

Yep, me too.

5. Angela Harris profile image76

Hey, all. Thanks for the responses. Now I don't know whether to be relieved or more worried. I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing. I know that they were having problems displaying Adsense earlier, so maybe gremlins are just running amok. (Like Gamergirl said.)

GreatTattoos, the thought of a Google slap is dreadful. Hopefully not. Since Hubpages has been playing around with ad layouts, my ad revenues have really jumped. I've been getting really enthused. And yeah, so true about not putting all of your eggs in one basket. It's always a possibility that a revenue source can get yanked out from under you. But I still have faith in Hubpages!

6. GreatTattoosNow profile image62

I am glad to hear you say that they have been playing with the adnse placement and your earnings were way up.  I have been in that boat to and secretly nervous.  Kind of sad but when things go well I get nervous waiting for the other shoe to fall.  Just the way it is with online business.

Anyway we will all hope it is temporary and that things get back to normal and quickly!

7. GreatTattoosNow profile image62

By the way Ijust toook a few seconds and looked at the Google for a few keywords that usually bring me a good deal of traffic and I am still in the same spots and ranking as well as ever so that kind of rules out the google slap theory.  So again hopefully it is those pesky gremlins!

8. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

We had a few technical issues today that slowed the site down a bit.  All should be back to normal now, although some of our reporting is still catching up.

9. helenathegreat profile image87
    helenathegreatposted 8 years ago

OT, but Paul, I love your new profile picture!  According to your profile, you have a one-day-old daughter, so I assume that's her?  She's gorgeous!  Congratulations!!

10. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Well, HubPages did just get banned from del.icio.us, in case you've not been following that thread...

11. Angela Harris profile image76

GreatTattoos, you're that way, too? I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm just a chronic worrier. And thanks for the update on your keywords placement. That is a relief. And Paul verified the fact that there were problems on the site yesterday. Hopefully, things are back to normal.

Paul, Helenathegreat is right. She is beautiful. Congratulations. And thanks again for the speedy responses. Now get back to your tiny sweetheart. big_smile

Relache, yeah, that could explain some of the traffic drop. Thanks for the insight.