Adsense: Allowed Sites

1. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the "Allowed Sites" page in their Adsense account?

Unlike "Competitive Ad Filtering" which is to stop a specific domain from having an ad on your site.

Allowed Sites is allowing where your Adsense Publisher ID can be shown. I think it could be used as a preventative measure to stop anyone from deliberately (ab)using your Adsense Publisher ID.

For example, someone you pissed off runs ads on a domain that is already banned as a way of getting you banned.

Or if you think one of your domains is getting hit by illegal clicks, then remove that domain off of the Allowed Sites list while you figure out what's happening.

1. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes its been there for a while. I find it a great tool in many ways. One is I might be running other ad components for a test that are not compatable with G on another site so I use the tool. I also use it to turn off my ads when I am working on a site, you know, checking and tweaking each page about twenty times each before I get it right. That way the stats don't go through the roof and inflates artificially the impressions count (which is a big no no).

The other reason is if you have a member entry page were members go in and start clicking madly thinking their doing you a favour.

Personally I think its great and agree with you that it gives you an opportunity to check any suss activity on one of your domains. That brings me to the point when you talk plural with domain/s you then need to have some very good software to identify the activities on your sites with logs. They can come in handy when that dreaded email arrives.