jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you deal with it when somebody leaves a nasty comment?

1. chantelg4 profile image79
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

Any thoughts or words on you deal with those who leave nasty comments?  Someone's left a nasty comment on my "Earth Hour" page, more or less saying that I am using scare tactics to make money.

I don't get it, I have no adsense running on this page and the only link I have is where someone can sign up to pledge an hour of their time to conserve energy.  People like that really piss me off.  I was just getting the word out as many people are unaware of the event, what's wrong with that?  I thought I was doing a good deed.

How do you hubbers handle such a situation, it's so discouraging!

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Ignore the idiots who don't understand or don't read.

Earth hour is not about raising money, it's about taking a single hour out of your day and using it to save energy! 

Sheesh.  I hate jerks like that.

3. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

I love the Apostle Paul's approach: "But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink, for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Romans 12:20.

4. 0
    Iðunnposted 8 years ago

just deny it.

I think I've only ever gotten one mean comment on any of my Hubs over 17 months and it was that one I mentioned in some other post.  The one from ex-Mayor Guiliani's alleged nephew on my bash Giuliani hub. 

I left it up.  :p

5. chantelg4 profile image79
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

thanks, everyone, you know it's not even a hubber! Yes, jerk for sure!

6. Angela Harris profile image74
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

I just leave the comment alone and ignore it. These people just want a rise out of you. But I really like Peter's reply.