jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

This too...can not be explained:

1. manlypoetryman profile image71
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

How come when you go to a hospital...they like to keep the rooms frigid to keep germs from spreading....however...as soon as it starts getting cold outside...everyone starts getting sick from germs that are being spread around...this is a mystery to me?

2. thirdmillenium profile image72
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

Yes, how?

(well, that's all I can say)

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I read that it's because people spend a lot more time inside, close to others.

1. wyanjen profile image87
      wyanjenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've also heard that schools are to blame.
      All the kids go to one building, then they each go back home carrying along whichever flu is making the rounds.

4. Wayne Orvisburg profile image81
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 6 years ago

Plus, your hands get soo dry from washing them when it's cold. So, why bother?

5. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

I have spent many days in hospital, many. Most of the time I was warm, but it is always freezing in the OR. But they do cover one up pretty well. It is no good place for rest and is filled with germs and I for one do not understand why they don't utilize copper, it will not, can not sustain bacteria. They need to use it for all door knobs and such.

6. dyonder profile image80
    dyonderposted 6 years ago

Many viruses are much more durable than bacteria - they don't all suffer from the temperature zoning of 40 - 140 degrees (if memory serves me correctly - this sieve of a brain pan doesn't always work).

7. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Germs can be easily spread from one person to another. I find hospitals in Canada are hot tongue air filters do not always exchange air at room temp either.

8. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

Used to be (30 years ago) that certain areas of the hospital were kept cool because of the machines.  Likewise, some areas might have seemed warm because of the machines.  Blame it on the machines either way smile

9. 0
    Denno66posted 6 years ago

Same with large factories as well.

10. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Obviously our understanding of illnesses causes and spreading is far from perfect. There is much more to it then just germs and viruses smile