jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

The Contact Links On The Sidebar

1. Hope Alexander profile image78
    Hope Alexanderposted 8 years ago

I am sure that this has been mentioned before, but nothing much seems to have changed. I apologize if this is rehashing something that has been settled, but the contact links on the sidebar just don't work. (Or don't seem to work at least.)

Emails sent from those links just never arrive. I vaguely remember some thread where hotmail was blamed as having bad delivery performance, but I use hotmail for most all of my correspondence and though the occasional email does drop, it doesn't account for the fact that hub pages emails sent from the sidebar never come through. I experimented and sent a few test emails, and nothing happened.

I was wondering if perhaps those 'contact' links could be removed? If they don't work, then people are missing out on correspondence because the sender thinks a mail has been sent when in actual fact it hasn't. I have a link to my mail on my profile page, and I would rather that people used that (which I have trialed and I know works) rather than clicking on sidebar links and sending mail into the depths of cyberspace never to be seen again.

Is this just my problem, or is it more widespread?

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

I actually do get mail from hubbers who use that link.  But, that's just me.  For all I know, I might have more sent to me that I never get.

3. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

It might not be the contact link - it might be the email system.

In six weeks, I have received exactly one (1) of the weekly newsletters.

God knows how many other emails have also gone astray, since I have no way to know I didn't get them when I am not expecting them.

1. Hope Alexander profile image78
      Hope Alexanderposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I assumed it was something to do with the mail system, but removing the link also removes the issue smile I haven't received a weekly newsletter in months, and if memory serves me there was definitely discussion about the mail system not working too well. If it doesn't work very well that's okay, but surely it would be better if we had the chance to put our own links in and avoid the dodgy mail server issue altogether? I am sure if someone were to want to contact a hub pages author they would probably use the sidebar link first, and it seems that there is at least a 50/50 chance that their mail will never arrive.

For people who publish on Hub Pages in an effort to get their works out there and build professional contacts, having even a single piece of mail go missing could potentially represent a huge missed opportunity.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I used to only see one or two newsletters per month, but lately I have been seeing them weekly.

3. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

In in 12 months I've had none (0) big_smile