jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Hubs you have commented on

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Not sure if this is a problem or me not reading it right.

On our "hubs you have commented on" page, the comments are split into "4 hrs" "24 hrs" and "ever".

I've wanted to use it recently to check whether anyone responded to my comment.  Now, I know I made my comment much more than 4 hours ago, so if there's a comment under "4 hours", that should mean that if I go the Hub, there'll be a new comment, right?

No, it doesn't.  Please explain?

Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just bumping this because it's still a problem.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

good question, if they only update every four hours, then a new comment should appear, but not sure how often they tally the comments.

2. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think the time span starts when the author approves the comment that was left.

2. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

i think any hub you commented on shows up and lets you know all the other comments ever on that hub plus your one or more comments so for example if i left a comment or two ,4 days ago they would show up in the ever with everyone elses but not in the column where 24 or 4 would be but if someone quick steps in and makes a comment and you happen to check just after then their coment will show in each column adding to the within 4 hr within 24 hours and the ever colum. another day goes by and noone comments ,then the 4 hr will go back to zero the 24 hour will go back to zero and the ever will still reamin there along with your comment from way before

3. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

its possible someone made a comment but the author just hasn't accepted it yet or decided to never accept the comment to be seen- but still shows up on stats of that hub * probably at the sports bar watching the Alabama-Texas game and don't realize its in their mail( comments for moderation tab ).. however if your the author then check that tab and authorize or dont authorize.

You're right Mel, I bet that's the explanation.  Thanks!

4. wyanjen profile image88
    wyanjenposted 7 years ago

I never got that one figured out. I use the new Feed page to follow up with comments now.

Go to Feed (next Forums up top)
    FILTER BY TYPE (right side of screen) - select Comments
    It will display all recent Comment activity.

I think this is what you are looking for...

smile

5. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 7 years ago

although , marisa I did mess around and deny a few of my own comments and the numbers dissappeared then when i reapproved , the numbers showed up again so now i'm not so sure why a comment would show on your screen but you cant see on their hub without the numbers changing immediately. however maybe the connection and distance from server has to do with it being indexed immediately. i'm not sure now ,I confused myself

6. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Hmmm - I think I'll be patient and wait and see if we can get an answer from the team!

7. William R. Wilson profile image59
    William R. Wilsonposted 7 years ago

I've noticed this too - the surefire way I've found (too much trouble to do for everything though) is to look at the total number of comments for the hub and then look for that number to rise as you check back. The 4 hour figure is misleading.

Thanks, that's exactly my experience. Trouble is if I've had a commentfest and commented on several Hubs at once, I can't remember which is which! 

In essence, the fact that the figures are misleading makes the whole feature a bit useless.

working