Need Help---Please-Please-Please

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (26 posts)
  1. H.C Porter profile image81
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

I was in a forum and some one made a comment to me. I clicked to see his profile before I answered, and what I read was my intro- word for word. He copied and pasted it for his...
    I am not too sure what to do about this one?

Here is his link
    http://hubpages.com/profile/yogeshkumardtd

1. khawfash profile image59
      khawfashposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just checked it out.  That's crazy.

2. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

H.C., I checked his (copy-paste) profile and your wording was there 3 minutes ago, then checked a few seconds ago and it's blank.  Text is GONE.  Which is good.  Don't know if he got spooked or admin acted, but his photo,  etc., still show.

At least he's not local, eh?  But still.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just checked too and wow that was fast big_smile glad that got taken care of...okay back to my forum ban

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Breaking my personal ban just for you, H.C. You need to definitely contact Maddie or Jason from the hubteam about this! that is just wrong!

H.C Porterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

did you look at it? I went back three times to make sure i wasnt losing my mind... How do I contact them? I sent an email to the hubteam-under the help menu

1. profile image0

yep I read his then read yours. he copied it word for word. I don't know if it'll be faster but if you go to their actual pages and contact them through their pages it might be dealt with faster.

i dont know them-is it under Jason or what?

1. profile image0

look up under hubbers Jason Menayan

2. Veronica Allen profile image70
        Veronica Allenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness. I just read it. It's word for word. Something similar happened to another hubber by the name of Sonni2006, the person copied his avatar and named themselves Sonni2006 as well. I believe he contacted the person directly and requested that he/she remove it and they did. I hope you get it straightened out.

in the forum he wrote-
          you look so preety (misspelled and everything)

1. Veronica Allen profile image70
            Veronica Allenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the best thing is to follow crazdwriter's advice and just report it.

3. TheGlassSpider profile image63
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Yikes. They say mimicry is the highest form of flattery, but that's...kinda creepy, not to mention rude and theft.

I'm definitely going with report him. Best of luck!

i dont want that kinda flattery-got goose bumps

1. TheGlassSpider profile image63
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't blame you. I hope HP will take care of it for you quickly.

4. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

that's just plain wrong.  plus, to make matters even worse, he didn't even do that great of a job as he has avatar of a dude on there while claiming to be a chick.  seriously, this guys an idiot.  i'm going to report him too as people like him don't belong on hubpages.

5. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Cyber stalking thats a new one! Report Quickly!

6. dave272727 profile image59
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

That is a little F**ked up!

7. dave272727 profile image59
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

Oh and CW as much as a horrible thing this is, but it nice to see you!

1. profile image0

thanks dave. I will break my personal ban for a friend

8. H.C Porter profile image81

cool-i am glad it is gone. That was a bit creepy.
    why the heck would someone do that? oh well... back to writing now...

9. Veronica Allen profile image70
    Veronica Allenposted 14 years ago

I'm glad everything has been taken care of.

10. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear about that H. C. Porter. This is why I'm not posting much on the forums here anymore. Lots of people seem damn creepy and plain weird on here.

I thought this was a writer forum for hubpages, but it seems more like a myspace forum. roll

11. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

sheesh, spooky...glad its sorted!!  hey CW. nice to see ya!!

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wait...did it use to say he was a mother, too?  lol  how odd...

12. H.C Porter profile image81

Jason got back with me this morning and banned the guys account. One thing you can say for HP-they took care of it quickly-at least we know that they are looking out for us and taking care of the community-which is nice. Thanks Jason!

Justine-yeah, when i said he copied my info word for word-he copied it. My intro says that I am trying to be a good mother-so i guess he was trying as well...lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)