jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Formatting Issues

1. helenathegreat profile image86
    helenathegreatposted 6 years ago

Hey guys, so unfortunately one of my most popular hubs is also one of my most vacuous ones.  It's mostly pictures (that I do not own, true, but I'm not a picture spammer; check out some of my other hubs) with short descriptions.

The formatting used to be more even.  I want it to be pictures on the right with the corresponding short description and Amazon capsule to the left, and that's how it looks in the editor, but it is only coming out that way sometimes.  For many of the pictures, the text and Amazon capsule end up way below it (sometimes also below an AdSense ad, which is just confusing).  The order isn't mixed up, just the formatting is.  This ends up giving the page a lot of extra white space that I don't want; the hub is supposed to be a short and sweet index of celebrities born in a specific year.  Does anyone have any tricks to solve this type of thing?

1. The10DollarMark profile image61
      The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's a problem from putting in adsense ads.

When you edit, hit preview and you will see how the ads affect your formatting.
      The only "trick" is to try to add another text module beneath the amazon module (put whatever you want in it, a side note, a fun fact, etc...) and hope it moves the ad down.

Another "trick" is to have two pictures in the picture module. It can be another picture of the person, or it can be a completely white picture so it matches the background and tricks the formatting into thinking the module is bigger than it really is (since the adsense ad comes after the module, it'll move down and thus the amazon module will hopefully stay in its rightful place).

helenathegreatposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, good tips!  I will play around with those to see what I can figure out.  Thank you!!

2. Christene profile image81
    Christeneposted 6 years ago

I've found that hubs look different in different browsers. Things usually line up right in Firefox, but not in Safari or Google Chrome.

helenathegreatposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Also, thanks Christene.  That's a really good point; I just looked at the hub in Firefox, and it looks almost perfect.  I switched browsers when I upgraded to Snow Leopard OS a few months ago, so that's why it's suddenly out of whack for me... it's Safari's fault!  I never would have realized that without you.  smile