jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Adding text to my website

1. 59
    The Fact Guyposted 8 years ago

i started a Web site on Italy travel a couple of days ago called "Eating Dante." The copy comes from a book I wrote on Italy a couple of years ago. In all, it's about 40,000 words. Is there any limit to how much copy I can add to it? Or should I create multiple pages?

Thanks in advance.

2. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

Best solution to your problem is: make ten pages and each page may have about 4000 pages. If you are publishing it at HP, you may reduce words/page and increase number of pages as you have to accomodate other material also like photographs, links and videos etc.

3. Inspirepub profile image89
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

You can have a dozen or more text capsules on a page, and thousands of words in each capsule.

The question is - will people read all those words at once?

I wouldn't advise randomly breaking it up by word numbers, but if you have chapters on different topics you could make a page for each chapter. You can use the "group" function to link them together in sequence.

If you are sending traffic there who are expecting and intending to read 40,000 words, then there's no issue.

But the average good-quality Hub is only 2000-3000 words, so the average cruiser around this site might be daunted by 40,000 in one hit.

4. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Each chapter could be made into a hub.

If they're lengthy then consider how best to deliver the information. You could concentrate on a particular aspect for each hub.

5. About-The-Home profile image61
    About-The-Homeposted 8 years ago

Good Info Inspirepub. I've never really understood the group function or how to use it,
    Maybe I'll look into it now.