jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why have fans?

1. 0
    JPoczwaposted 6 years ago

Hi all

The following is more of a philosophical question, so I would be grateful if readers don't take me too literally or too seriously.  I thought it would be interesting to discuss the following:

I'd be interested to know from other hubbers whether having "fans" on this site is important to them?  In other words, how far should social networking on the internet go? Should you be public property or is your privacy important?  After all you can interact with people on the forums or post questions and answers.

I'm the first to admit I feel a bit uncomfortable with the concept of having "fans", (I wouldn't be a good celebrity!) however I enjoy interacting on the forums and in other ways on this site and love article writing.  I would like to hear about other people's experiences with "fans" and what they get out of it.

If someone on this site doesn't want fans, do you think its acceptable to make them aware you would prefer a certain amount of privacy?  (Needless to say I don't have any fans on this site!)

2. pylos26 profile image76
    pylos26posted 6 years ago

Unfortunately, Hubpages abolished the term “fan”...nowadays the term used is "follower" as in sheep.

3. Dame Scribe profile image62
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

As a fan myself, I enjoy what they write about big_smile not to mention that I also enjoy a friendship at the same time. smile keeping boundaries to personal privacy is choice and something I will respect. Welcome to HubPages, btw smile

4. elayne001 profile image46
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

I enjoy getting to know some of the hubbers better. I almost feel a kinship with some that have helped me along the way. I understand the need for privacy. It is totally your call.