jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Naming Hubs

1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

It's amazing how many visits you can get based on what you name your hub.  One of my 40 uses the word 'wealthy' and BAM.  There a lesson here somewhere.......................

1. Pamela N Red profile image91
      Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Money and sex sells. I'm not surprised. If you can figure those into a title and remain relevant to your story you are doing good.

1. tobey100 profile image60
        tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

So you mean something like "Earn Instant Wealth Having Sex"

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Money and sex attract attention. They don't necessarily sell (i.e. earn income).  Just ask all the Hubbers with Hubs on sexy Indian actresses.  I was gobsmacked recently when Shinujohn revealed his(her) low earnings.  If I had that many Hubs on the kind of subjects I write about, I'd be cashing in $5,000 or $6,000 a month!

2. rebekahELLE profile image93
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes, money and sex sell in any economy. wink

I've been told with titles to try to have your most significant key words within the first four words... or How to .. Why...

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

There are some niche markets also do well. smile

But, yes - money and sex both sell extremely well. On the other hand, so does a informative and compassionate hubs.

That is just an opinion. I've not done any supportive research as those who have done, which are longer standing members, such as Darkside, Relache, Marisa Wright and a few others.

There are underlying things needed to learn, in order to draw revenue through traffic. smile

3. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

What people don't see is if no one comes there isn't a chance at even getting a click. Personally, I think its better to focus on generating traffic then earning profit, because at least with traffic something happens, without any...nothing happens and you just sit there in cyberspace.