jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)

Shoe Spam

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Did we all get hit with shoe spam comments on every hub, or was that just me. It was about 4 days ago, but each hub that I go to of mine to answer comments, has a spam comment.... Took a good bit of work or was done automatically or something.

1. Richieb799 profile image66
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah I got this too, comments with about 4 links to shoe websites

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I didn't see any shoe spam, until I went into my comments and looked to see what the spam filter had caught and there were five of them.

But they're being automatically caught and not displayed so it's a non-issue to me.

3. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Lol wow.

4. Luciendasky profile image71
    Luciendaskyposted 6 years ago

I didn't get one for every hub - but every morning for the last week - I have gotten between 25-30 shoe spams on one of my hubs (one about a child who died no less - those... well, I don't want to be kicked off the forums)

How do you turn on a spam filter?

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I haven't gotten any recently, but a few weeks ago I had several comments that were pure spam - and involved shoes among other things. I just deleted them and reported as spam.

6. WeddingConsultant profile image83
    WeddingConsultantposted 6 years ago

I got just one and the comment (minus the many links) was simply "excellent". Literally, that's what they said..."excellent".

7. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I got them on almost every hub. It's not a problem, but I was just curious if anyone else got them too. They included like 3 links to various shoe places, and the name was linked to one of the listed sites. I haven't read the comments, but I was just curious.

8. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

In the last few days I have been getting 8-10 shoe spam comments on the same hub....my #1 hub.  I report them as spam and delete them.

9. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

I just took a look at my spam comments. WOW. I got a TON about Ugg Boots - about 10 of them.

I also just found a person that tried to post a message every week on my low calorie breakfast hub. Their message gets deleted every week, but they keep trying. It's a different message every week with the same link attached....too funny.

10. CarpetDiem profile image79
    CarpetDiemposted 6 years ago

hmmm... I guess I'm not popular enough yet... I haven't gotten any.... yet... at least that I'm aware of. smile
    However, I like the term "shoe spam" because that is where spam belongs, on the bottom of my shoe after I squish it! smile
    And it sort of reminds me of doggie waste, though I try to avoid stepping in that.

11. Zsuzsy Bee profile image83
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 6 years ago

I got six, all about Ugg boots knock offs with links two weeks ago. Whitney how annoying and a pain having to delete them off each hub. What a waste of time...

12. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Oh yes because we are ALL so in love with shoes they just HAVE to get the word out to us lol yea I did see that on one of my forum posts but thankfully none on my hubs...yet yikes

13. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

A couple weeks ago I ended up with 1-3 on most of my hubs.