jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

I posted 50 hubs in 2 Mths whadda ya think? :O)

1. 0
    callmesplash7posted 6 years ago

I started out pretty lame in my hubs...lol I just couldnt think of what to post so i started off with some basic myspace tips that I wish someone would have told me. I became a myspace professional basically when I learned all the ins and outs of making layouts from scratch, tweaks etc. But those didnt seem like very good content for hubpages. i was still trying to figure it all out. Then I thought you know, I have some pretty good life experiences i could share....maybe they would help someone and if someone I know sees them...who cares!!?? Some things i have maybe shared with one or 2 people but something compelled me to share it to everyone. It helps to know you are not alone.
    I've already learned alot of things i didnt know, just by reading hubpages thanks to all of you and I am beginning to come up with more hubs!

Just wondered if anyone would be willing to read some of my hubs and give me some feedback? What turned out as me wanting to make money has now become more of an outlet, a mission to help people, a place where "good"  people can meet other good people, where people act as adults unlike myspace lol, and where I am just plain HAPPY! Thanks to the founder of hubpages and thank you to you all. Julie yikes)

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

am your fan Julie and will read some of your hubs, am just busy at times, keep on writing and you will find some solace plus you can earn too, Welcome, Maita

2. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good job. smile

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image94
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago

Coolio, keep it up.

3. 0
    callmesplash7posted 6 years ago

Thank you to the people that have responded to my question yikes)

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Splash, if you want feedback on your Hubs, then post specific Hubs in the Extreme Hub Makeover thread.  Saying "read my Hubs and give me feedback" comes over too much like self-promotion for my taste.

I had a quick look at a few anyway, and my feedback is this:

Some of your Hubs are way too short.  Hubbing isn't blogging - if you can't write 400 words, it's not worthy of a Hub.   Nelle Hoxie reckons her best-earning Hubs are up over the 1,000 word mark. 

Don't waste your time Hubbing about current news, because by the time your Hub gets picked up by Google, it will be old news. 

Don't waste your time on sexy pics of actresses, unless you're promoting a photographic studio or selling the pictures:  you may get loads of traffic but none of the visitors will click on ads. 

Learn how to use capsules properly.  Darkside's Hub explains it:

Once you understand capsules, you can set your Hubs up for proper Adsense placement:
    http://lissowerbutts.com/make-money-wit … -hubpages/

I don't like to see newbies participating in the Challenge, because there's no point churning out 30 Hubs when you still don't know how to create them properly.  You've now created a lot of work for yourself, going back and editing/expanding them!

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Good Point Marissa on length. When Ryan Hupfer established the guidelines for 30 Hubs in 30 Days in the topics posted at the top of the forum he recommended between 500 to 700 words.

When Court over the the Keyword Academy established is 100 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge he said they should be at least 800 words. He later revised his comments when he was talking about the effectiveness of the challenge and said he would be adding more length to the hubs.

I've written hubs from 350 words to 3000+ words. The longer ones have done a lot better in the search engines, google traffic and sales. So the minimum hub length for me is now 1,000 words. Most of my new hubs this year will have about 1,500 words.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You see Nelle, I was paying attention when you posted about that in an earlier thread!

6. Elven  Hottie profile image62
    Elven Hottieposted 6 years ago

50 in 2 months is an amazing accomplishments... I like the way you experimented and planned out your writing - congrats!