jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I heard a rumor on the radio about Glenn Beck being sued and...

1. Laura Thykeson profile image80
    Laura Thykesonposted 6 years ago

I heard on the radio that Glenn Beck was being sued and Fox News was going to have to fire him because of him talking about a tour he was planning for 2010, then having all of "his followers" meet him in Washington in August, 2010,plus something about him trying to start a revolution, at I believe the Lincoln Memorial, because he says it's the last time we will be allowed to assemble legally. I saw the show where he said all of this, but this was the first time I had heard anything about a lawsuit, etc. I do know a local radio station dropped a Fox affilliate, like Fox Sports or something, in the last couple of days, and this station is where I heard about a lawsuit, etc. Anyone else heard anything like this?? Just asking...

1. castlebrook@ profile image60
      castlebrook@posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is time for Americans to stand up. I am a follower of Glenn Beck and when they silence him they know they can silence the rest of us...  When did it become a crime to stand up?  The answer is, when Obamah was elected.  I will stand behind him and any other American to keep from losing our rights.  Being a wife of a US soldier I have to stand up, that is our right.

2. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

While there may be some valiidity to what Beck says, he is basically a fear-monger. I don't think a lot of what he say is accurate. It's based on sensationalism and heresay and a lot less on fact. This type of "journalism" or whatever you want to call it is also the basis for so much hatred between political ideologies, religious hatred and bigotry. All he is doing is sensationalizing some information to say it fact, and creating a bigger and bigger rift in American society and politics.

I think there is no good in it. If he is sued, he has brought this on himself for all the crap he talks.

3. Mitch Rapp profile image60
    Mitch Rappposted 6 years ago

We certainly wouldn't want American citizens running around thinking they have rights or anything.