Snow power

1. Don W profile image83
    Don Wposted 6 years ago

Why is snow so exciting? As an adult I've seen it snow many times, I've been sledging, skiing and snowboarding. Yet as soon as those tiny flakes start coming down, I can't help myself, I look out the window and feel a sense of excited anticipation.

And I know I'm not alone. I saw a man in a business suit the other day knock the snow off the top of a bin when he thought no one was looking. He saw me and we both grinned in mutual acknowledgment of our inability to be sensible when faced with the power of snow.

Seems to have the ability to cut through cynicism and pompousness. If only snow power didn't melt away with the snow.

2. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

That white fluffy stuff holds it's power until it is high time that spring arrives.  Then, even men and boys seem to loose their fascination with it.

P.S.  I live in an area that has snow on the ground for 5-7 months of the year.

1. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep, even snow power can't beat the madness of spring, especially for men. But there's something about snow that makes men and women become boys and girls again.