jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do I delete my post...

1. 60
    serpentineposted 6 years ago

I don't have a 'hub'...I just posted once...And I want to delete it now...

I don't like this site's 'set-up'...Because it's just too confusing...It should be simple and user friendly to go back and delete a post...

There are no 'delete' post settings that I can see anywhere...Maybe, I just missed them - but I sure looked all over the page...

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

At the bottom of each posting you are allowed to delete your post for a certain amount of time. If you posted a comment to a hub, you can edit it within 5 minutes but you can't delete it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Serpentine, it's normal on many sites that you can't delete your forum posts.  It will get buried very soon as newer threads are started, so I wouldn't worry about it anyway.

Fact is, this site is primarily a place to write articles (Hubs), so if you just came here to join the forums, you wouldn't have got much out of it anyway.

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

It says under your name you have only made one forum post - this one. So I'm confused as to what you want to do. You can't delete forum posts, only hubpages staff can do that.

If you had a hub you could delete that.....but you don't. 

If you want to close your account, follow these instructions: http://hubpages.com/faq/#closeaccount

HubPages is not a blogging website it's an article writing website, which is actually very user friendly...but if it's not what you were looking for......

3. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 6 years ago

Yes, I have in fact deleted a post b4 .. it has to be within a certain number of minutes though then the extra boxes will disappear.