How come is this possible!?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (22 posts)
  1. funride profile image67
    funrideposted 16 years ago

42 hubs in 5 hours yikes and growing as I write this roll

1. stormyweather profile image66
      stormyweatherposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I notice the hubs are quite short in general, and don't have lots of add-ons, like pictures and links. My hubs take me ages especially choosing/creating all the right images to go with the links and I couldn't do so many in so short a time - one per week will end up being my average if I am lucky.

I don't know if this person's hubs are spam or not, but I for one don't much like to read hubs that don't have much else in them other than text . . .

1. vreccc profile image60
        vrecccposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I know exactly what he is doing. The length of the text and images he is using are dead giveaways. He is using public label rights (PLR) content from www.plrpro.com. I have bought some of their content in the past. Any idiot who buys this stuff should know that you have to treat the content as research, and therefore re-write it extensively before you use it for your self. This clever bastard appears to be throwing the content up just as it is released and beating the other 199 people who receive the same content to the punch. At plrpro, there are 200 people in each group, so 199 others will receive the same content you do. That's why you need to treat it as research and rewrite the content.

Benefits of PLRpro - you get 440 articles each month in 11 different niches for $97.

Disadvantages of PLRpro - the content really sucks! I mean it bites it big time! Just go read some of his hubs. You really need to rewrite it extensively if you want to gain respect on hubpages as a good writer.

If any of you are curious and want to check it out, email me and buy it through my affiliate link. However, I don't suggest it unless $97 is not a lot for you to satisfy a curiosity. really, all you need to do is read his hubs and you'll see what you get.

1. quotations profile image86
          quotationsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Looks like we may have been invaded by a number of people using this method. Here is a new signup who has published 42 hubs in 22 hours, with groups of hubs all about the same thing: http://hubpages.com/profile/michel.jimmy1978

1. embitca profile image84
            embitcaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Since the username follows the exact same format "name.nameYear", I'm guessing that is exactly the same person as posted at the top of this thread LOL

2. funride profile image67
    funrideposted 16 years ago

46 right now. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_8.gif

Well I suppose it must be 47 or 48 in this moment lol

3. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

It's called spam. smile

It only takes 2 minutes to cut and paste something. LOL

4. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 16 years ago

I checked one of his hubs  but it didn't seem to be copied from anywhere. Maybe he had a pack of articles written for him or something, and he's posting them all at once. Maybe.

I saw one guy recently who was writing hubs on insurance, marine insurance, I think. I thought they were all being posted under the same username and didn't give it that much thought, until I realised that almost each time he posted it was under a variation of that username. He was most probably creating a new username for almost each hub! I bet that's how he was getting around the algorithm for links etc. But I don't think that's actually against the rules....I'm not entirely sure. I had to shake my head at it, though. That's determination for you.

1. funride profile image67
      funrideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I´m not that fast big_smile.

Maybe you´re right, I was just wondering how can someone publish so many hubs in that time. It must be a world record attempt lol.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Practice make perfect.

5. profile image0
    terrygposted 16 years ago

Spam or not about the content. I could do that too with the relic articles I have cluttering my hard drive.

What is spam though is the amount of keywords in the tags of each hub. Now that is spam. One or two maybe three oh lets push it four keywords relevant to the hub and must be words written in the hub is normal seo practice, not twenty plus. Just think why is it, the tags capsule, there, because the programmer was smart enough to include it  knowing how important it is for good keyword ranking in search engines.

So now go back to 48 49 50 hubs and fix the meta tags. It is a dead give away.

I would be intersted to know if it is a record attempt and then ask why. I get bored but not that bored. hmm The post was good for a laugh so good on you. You succeeded.http://www.freewebby.com/beer-food-sick-smilies/toast.gif

6. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 16 years ago

I guess this explains why I keep seeing the same topic over and over by the same author. After you read 5 titles with the same subject in a row, it gets annoying lol.

1. vreccc profile image60
      vrecccposted 16 years agoin reply to this

This guy is way over the bounds of moderation in using this PLR content.

7. Hope Alexander profile image68
    Hope Alexanderposted 16 years ago

If you actually read the hubs (which I wouldn't recommend) it becomes evident that grammar, syntax and spelling are serious issues here too. Shouldn't this user be removed from HP simply for publishing a load of rubbish? Hub Pages is supposed to be about writing your own content, not paying someone from a non English speaking country to write cheap, badly written articles which will also appear in 99 other locations on the web.

It's pretty hard to flag all 60 something hubs though...

8. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68

LOL 12 hubs in a matter of seconds and all about the same subject...teeth whitening! big_smile

9. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 16 years ago

Others will probably do the same (post their PLR articles as is) and it won't take HubPages duplicate filter to eventually find them and mark these ones as duplicates.

Though I'm sure there are some who will speed up the process wink

10. johnr54 profile image47
    johnr54posted 16 years ago

I think at Ezine artilcles they do an editorial review of all articles before they are published.  As I understand it one of the things they do is a duplicate content check, and they subscribe to the major PLR vendors and add that to their content database. However, that takes time.

It would seem that the only effective way to eliminate duplicate content would be an editorial review, which can add days to the publishing cycle.  Not something I personally would want to see.

11. embitca profile image84
    embitcaposted 16 years ago

Would the dupe content checker actually trip on those though if he's really the first to get them online?

John's right, I think. Ezinearticles can take days to approve articles. I'd hate to have to deal with approvals before publishing on Hubpages. I think it would kill my will to live *g*

12. Bonnie Ramsey profile image68

I have several articles with Ezine and they are excellent but it does take time to get published because they actually have people who review the articles. While it helps on the quality of the publications, I enjoy the instant publications we get here at HP. Here, if the members help HP staff by reporting these types of posts, I think we can have it both ways. I think all these people doing this now will eventually realize they are fighting a losing battle against the hubbers who want to keep the site clean and we will begin to see less and less of this. Right now, people are seeing a new place to "test the waters" for their spam. They'll eventually go back to MySpace, I think.

13. helpdeskian profile image58
    helpdeskianposted 16 years ago

This blows! I have to work hard on mispelling and forming incomplete thoughts and this guy freaking comes in heare and lays down 50 bad articles in no time flat.  Atleast he is passionate about preventing tooth decay and what not. Will the staff be looking into this kind of spamming or is it the wild wild west when it comes to this?

14. profile image0
    helenathegreatposted 16 years ago

When I go to both those profile pages now, it says they each have zero hubs.  No doubt they've been flagged at large for duplicate content and/or spam and/or poor quality.  Yay!

15. helpdeskian profile image58
    helpdeskianposted 16 years ago

Woo Hoo! glad to see spammers get banned!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)