jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Hub Scores

1. Harvey Stelman profile image61
    Harvey Stelmanposted 6 years ago

I placed a new Hub on the site today, and immediately I received a score of 50 to start out. I returned to the computer three hours later and had received about seven comments, but my score had been reduced to 47 and then 48.

We will never know exactly how Hub management arrives at their numbers, but this seems senseless.

2. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I think they should do away with the scoring altogether.  It's a worry we don't need and causes a lot of people to second-guess themselves.

3. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 6 years ago

Don't feel bad Harvey. Yesterday my hub started at 50 and dropped to 46. Today it is on its way back up and might have hit 80 by now. Hubscoring is so random and I will never understand the logic behind it. I just thought they did'nt like me ! smile

4. Urbane Chaos profile image92
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

Ya know, I don't get it either, but then again, I'm new.. I don't think I'm allowed to get it until I've been around for at least seven months. big_smile

Still, I figure that if I've written the best article that I can, then scores don't matter.  I think there's more important things to worry about than how some computer guru decides to slap a number on my forehead.

No worries.. big_smile

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Never judge a HubScore by how it starts out.  Give it three days to a week and then see where it is.