jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Plus 2, minus 1, plus 1, minus 1...What the?!?!?!?!?!

1. emievil profile image85
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Okay, I'm not really much on how many followers / fans I have. I'm just contented with letting the number go up at its leisure smile.

But just lately, I noticed something. I get 2 new followers, then I lost one follower. This has been going on like since the first week of this new year. Just today I got one new follower and lost another one! Gee, does that mean my followers are going out of HP (I prefer to think it this way rather than think that they de-followed / de-fanned me LOL)?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

really?  your lucky, i lost two followers in just two days and only gained one.  lol.  just when i thought i was getting ever so close to my first 100, but now it turns out im GOING THE WRONG WAY!  lol.  sorry, i couldn't help but make that "planes, trains, and automobiles" reference.  however, i wouldn't worry too much about it as i know a lot of people have gotten banned recently so that might be the direct cause of it, but im not sure.

1. emievil profile image85
        emievilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL, I just realized I haven't followed you yet. Now, I'm your 93rd follower and I have no plans of de-following you smile.

wow, thanks.  i appreciate that.  i already fanned you a long time ago, and i have no plans to stop since.  thanks for joining my fan club too.  smile

2. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

me too.  really weird.

2. megs78 profile image61
    megs78posted 6 years ago

its been happening to me too, you're not alone!  I prefer to think the same way you do, because otherwise my ego would have to take a hit, and that just sucks wink

3. emievil profile image85
    emievilposted 6 years ago

I think habee had a thread like this a while back. Guess that makes 3 of us smile.

4. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

I think certain hubbers are playing hubber-go-round with some new alters. Some are our resident trolls of course.

5. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

I have been experiencing this phenomena too sad

6. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

I’ve had that too recently, but I have noticed the ones coming in, then dropping out appear to be “fanning,” requesting you do the same in return and if you don’t after a few days they drop you. Seems I’ve had quite a few of those type lately.

7. 0
    SirDentposted 6 years ago

It has been happening to me for two years now. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

8. Tammy Lochmann profile image87
    Tammy Lochmannposted 6 years ago

It has happened to me I guess it's just my eye for detail but I knew that I was missing some...I don't have that many to begin with so it is not very nice to do that.  I always reply when someone begins following me....Maybe some folks feel if you don't return the favor then they are going to just drop you. 

whoops guess I wasn't following very close someone already said something kinda like this.

Sorry.  But I do think that you should at least check out what they have and give them a chance.

9. Ms Chievous profile image82
    Ms Chievousposted 6 years ago

I lost one or two fans this week too. Maybe they were the same ones?

don't look at me, i became a fan of yours since i first signed up for hubpages, and to my knowledge i never defanned you.