How can I increase my hub score?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. bobluisusa profile image60
    bobluisusaposted 14 years ago

Hi all,

I am Bob Luis and i have published near to 81 hub pages but i could not get a good score yet.I also wish to increase my professional networking (follower). Will anyone please suggest some tips & tricks for a good scoring?.

Thanks and I look forward to hear from you soon.

With Regards
    BOB Luis
    <snipped - please, no signature links in the forums>

1. edzee profile image54
      edzeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Start with a few reps using a 40 lb. weight. Just let it dangle from your big toe and swing it back and forth. Careful not to let it fall off.

Then follow up with some wind sprints, but instead of the traditional kind, try elevator wind sprints. You can run back and forth inside an elevator really fast especially after hours.

Do this for about three months or until facilities catches you. Good Luck!

2. Daddy Paul profile image65
      Daddy Paulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Like you I write things that are not of real interest to a lot of people.
      I made the mistake of posting a few lines of some of my hubs all over the net. Duplicate content will hurt a hub score. Two of my articles were Ehow retreads which I totally re wrote.
      My hub score has gone up lately.
      I have done two things.
      I rewrote the lines in my articles that I had cut and pasted all over the web.
      I tried to make each hub 500 words or more.
      Do not post your pages on a link farm or click exchange junk traffic will pull a hub score down really fast.
      You use the words “Microsoft Outlook PST corrupt” a lot in your hubs. These neither are not high paying keywords nor are they heavily searched.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bob, HubPages penalises you heavily if you use material already published elsewhere - even if you wrote the original yourself.  If that's your problem, the solution is to rewrite!

New Hubs start with a low score and take time to build - so if you're publishing a lot of new Hubs, they'll all be in the lower range.  Patience.

Some others have suggested your topics are too obscure.  I don't know if that's a bad thing - there must be other techies out there looking for answers!   Such subjects aren't likely to get you a lot of followers - however, followers are nice for the ego but do nothing for the hip pocket: the money will come from search engine visitors.

2. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Hello Bob,

First of all, you need to remove any content that duplicates what is already on the Web. I put the following sentence from one of your hubs into Google and got 108 hits for that exact word sequence (used search term in quotation marks):

"Most of the corruption issues encountered in Microsoft Outlook PST files occur due to power failure, not closing the application properly or Outlook errors."

Your HP score drops if your hubs duplicate existing content.

Secondly, the titles of your hubs are not friendly to the technologically challenged. I have no idea what most of them mean and therefore assume that the content would not mean anything to me either. I am guessing only a small number of people would understand enough to investigate your hubs further.

3. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

I came across a a hub recently which explains how to improve hubber scores . . (he says with his tongue firmly in his cheek)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Mysteries-of-th … e-Revealed

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a brilliant hub...and google has joined in by putting up plenty of ads about God, Jesus, the Bible etc!

4. TINA V profile image68
    TINA Vposted 14 years ago

Hi Bob,

Within my short stint writing for Hubpages, here are my observations about hub score.

1. everytime you published a new article, your profile score decreases
    2. everytime there is a comment in your hub, your hub score increases
    3. everytime you have an additional fan or follower, your profile score increases
    4. everytime your traffic increases, your hub score increases
    5. everytime your hub score increases, your profile score also increases

I have read some of your hubs and it is too technical that it doesn't sound too interesting.  However, you can make use of your expertise as an IT Engineer by writing topics in laymen's term. Below are some suggestions or ideas you might possibly want to write:
    1. What to consider when you buy laptops or desktop?
    2. Basic troubleshooting of computers
    3. Latest computer trends such as the touch screen
    4. Brand name computers such as Apple, Dell, Compaq, etc.
    5. Latest computer software and its uses

I have also observed that you have zero (0) comments in your hubs.  Perhaps, you can follow some other hubbers' hub and write comments too.  In the same way that they will also write comments to your hubs.

I hope that my limited experience with Hubpages will also help you improve your hubs.

Have a great week!

5. easyspeak profile image67
    easyspeakposted 14 years ago

Duplicates will definitely hurt your hubs.  I would suggest you read up on how to write good hubs before doing anymore damage to yourself.  You might want to consider just starting from scratch with a new profile because it'll be hard to go back and fix 80 some hubs that you haven't written.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)