jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Little help?

1. Eldritch Elegy profile image61
    Eldritch Elegyposted 6 years ago

I need to ask the creators of The Equalizer (Michael Sloan and Richard Lindheim) about getting the needed permissions to use themes from their television series in my novel. The rights may have been sold to the Weinstein Company for the movie they're producing in 2011, or it could just be that Sloan and Lindheim retained the original copyright (probably).

Problem is, I have no idea how to go about it.

Have any of you had to do this, and if so, how did you do it?

1. livewithrichard profile image86
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Go to imdb.com and get a pro account. This will get you access to producer contact info and you can request the info. Some say that if you have the idea then write it first and then worry about getting permission. If you get an agent, they will handle that for you.

1. Eldritch Elegy profile image61
        Eldritch Elegyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I could save up for a pro account, but right now I don't have the money.

As for agents, I plan to self-publish, because I've tried about a billion agents already and no one wants it.

Thank you, though, for responding. smile

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I imagine they may have a website hmm see if you can contact them through there or maybe contact their book publisher. big_smile just some thoughts.

3. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

start with the publisher to find out where it went/is.  theres usually an address on the copyright page for permission purposes.