jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Hubpages with videos has higher hub score?

1. 0
    peacefulparadoxposted 6 years ago

Do you find that HubPages with videos have higher hub scores?  Or no relation?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Adding videos means adding more content, and having good, varied content improves your Hubscore.

You need to stop thinking about Hubscore, though, if you 're here to make money. 

Improving your Hubscore won't improve your earnings. 
      Improving your earnings will improve your Hubscore.

2. TerryGl profile image60
      TerryGlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Definitely. Especially if the videos are your own and not just scraped from YouTube.

The benefit of your own videos is you get huge amounts of very pro-active traffic from Youtube users. This traffic can be ten fold if you submit your own videos to other video sites.

Imagine your own video pointing to your Hubpage as to how much traffic you will get, not only the linking value but the huge traffic numbers.

How to make your own hubpage videos

2. easyspeak profile image79
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

I tend to think it does because Hubpages requires you to have some for your flagship hubs right?  I generally follow the guidelines for flagship hubs for ones I want a lot of traffic on.  I figure the Hubpages staff are up to date on their SEO knowledge.

3. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

No. It does make higher scores.  Good writing does. big_smile

4. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Adding videos and polls and whatnot to our sites helps to prolong the visitors stay aka *stickiness* and hopefully have a ad catch their eye so they click big_smile least I hope so. lol lol

5. easyspeak profile image79
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

Good points.  Didn't think about the stickiness factor.

6. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

I have had hubs, without videos, hit 100.