Hello, as promised your votes are in. This doesn't mean you still can't vote, the great thing about polls, they can always be updated. For more clarification, the voting is here;
http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubber-Question … The-Forums
On an average, we are working 37 hubbers who participated.
Thank you all for participating.
This is just a overview of the variables, if you need more information, the above hub will help.
So here's what you voted
1) 79% of voters enjoy the forums, the rest do not. Showing 21% do not.
2) 41% of voters spend less than hour in the forums, 27% tied with spending about 1 hour to a few hours, 37% tied spending either 5 hours or most of the day. I think voters may have been conservative on this question and actually more spend longer periods of time.
3) 92% of voters have never been banned while 8% have? 8%?
4) 32% have absolutely no opinion about banning, 30% think the banning is fare, 22% feel it is too often and 16% of voters don't think it's strict enough.
5) general hub hangout is favored as a topic by 44%, 25% prefer the chat threads, 11% enjoy analyzing hubs topics, 8% favor religious hubs, 6% favor announcement hubs and lastly a small split of 3% favor health and games.
6) as far as posting in the forums, 68% believe it will increase their scores, 27% are not sure and 5% believe it will not.
7) 42% enter the forums because someone else they like is there, 58% said they do not.
8) not surprisingly, 94% of hubbers get to know other hubbers by their posts, yet 6% aren't learning a thing.
9) observing and just watching the forums, 54% admitted to doing so, 38% do not watch, just post and 8% read other posts when they post themselves.
10) when asked what would improve the forums, those that answered, voted 26% said nothing needs improvement, 16 % quoted that Denno should remain in his Scottish sheep attire, 13% voted we should all leave Tantrum alone, and let her be, 11% interestingly enough agreed to a thread that announces who has been banned and for how long, lastly 8% want more topic prompts.
Thanks everyone for participating, it's always a process, but interesting to know where we stand.
That sounds about right. Recently there has been an enormous fuss about a few people who were banned, so it sounds like it's happening all the time. But sit down and count them up, and it really doesn't happen all that often - and when it does, it's the same people.
And, of course, the people who flounced off in a huff after being banned wouldn't have been part of your sample.
by thisisoli7 years ago
I can't help but notice that after a few bannings of prolific forum participants, the forum participation has dropped dramatically.Gone are the days when I had around 3 pages of Hubbers Hangout topics to peruse,...
by Person of Interest3 years ago
Just an idea I'm tossing out there. How about HP declaring on Monday a blanket forum amnesty for all forum-banned Hubbers?I'm saying Monday so that HP has the weekend to mull the idea over.I am not suggesting any...
by DJ Funktual8 years ago
If I may be so bold as to make a request of HubPages, I would like you to please re-examine at this time your decision to ban Jerrico Usher from the Hub Forums.He has proven himself to be quite mindful of the mistake he...
by Shadaan Alam3 years ago
I dont know whether i asked the right question or not, but i just wonder when we all do keyword research and want to get organic traffic because that is our key traffic source but then how does posting in forums,...
by Laurel Rogers7 years ago
Okay, now it's Smoothassilk, Pearldiver and Tantrum...what's the deal with being 'banned?' What is this line that is crossed? I'm fairly new, so I am not sure about the 'rules,' though I have read through...
by Felishiya Fiamma11 months ago
Hi Hubbers,I recently got a hubber following me, so I followed them back. The hubber also published an article just a while ago, when I went to check it out. I saw that the hubber is banned from HubPages . How is that...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.