jump to last post 1-27 of 27 discussions (34 posts)

Google Mad At Hubpages?

1. Jery profile image62
    Jeryposted 6 years ago

Has anyone noticed their hubs falling way back in the Google serps? Or is it just my hubs? Hey maybe Google's mad at me! Any insights?

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

I've seen my plummet before all of them, for a day or even two, and then suddenly they're back normal.  I've seen the reverse too, so no worries.

3. flread45 profile image82
    flread45posted 6 years ago

Could be because people are watching the tube,with Haiti in troubled times.

4. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

I think there is a lot going on right now and the influx of gift cards might be gone.

5. Ms Chievous profile image81
    Ms Chievousposted 6 years ago

Yes my adsense is very low today too.  I wonder if the adsense correlates to the stock market in some way.  Some days I inadvertanly notice that when the market is down so is my adsense.. just a silly thought!

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know for sure either, but retail sales can be like that. dead days, no reason, all the shops are quiet, so maybe it is a mass conscious thing? smile It certainly isn't hubpages, their PR is fine! smile Wish I had it!

6. easyspeak profile image78
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

Mine's down too.  Probably the Haiti thing. I've actually been pretty preoccupied with it myself.  It's really sad what's happening.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

mine been down for two days now too

8. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 6 years ago

Same here. No need to worry!

9. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 6 years ago

Mine have always been low. Google does'nt like me ! smile

10. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

I would like to say:

"I think little green aliens decided to not like Spaghetti and in-turn that makes your hubs plummet in Googles eyes."

But I wont say that.

There is a good chance google updated the keyword with its new findings and your hubs didn't own up compared to them, so it set yours back, a lot of there rankings are on visitors and how long they stay on a site.

11. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

way down.

which can only mean it's all up from here smile

1. Dao Hoa profile image60
      Dao Hoaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like your optimism!

12. cojaqmarketing profile image61
    cojaqmarketingposted 6 years ago

haha, well if it makes any of you all feel better...I made a penny on adsense today, which is actually more than I made yesterday!!! I'm up to $0.37 now...so watch out!!  I guess it's a good thing that I have other irons in the fire...

13. khmohsin profile image61
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

Google is rolling out the "caffeine" update to its algorithm or probably has done it. So it might fluctuate the rankings for many

1. RachelGB profile image60
      RachelGBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is the "caffeine" update?

14. GeneralHowitzer profile image63
    GeneralHowitzerposted 6 years ago

I have stable pageviews for the last several days, and it is much better than two or three weeks ago... and I am happy my hubs are getting more than 50% views outside of HubPages...

Maybe the Haiti earthquake has some effect... just like firead said hehehe big_smile

15. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

For the last two days, I have zero adsense revenue and for more than two weeks cost per click is extremely low. I think Google is changing its algorithm and many adsense bidders have either lowered the Cost per click or Google has some internal problems.

16. webllinks profile image60
    webllinksposted 6 years ago

i've actually noticed that my adsense has gone up!

17. Elijah S profile image77
    Elijah Sposted 6 years ago

I think my hubs are returning to pre November 2009 traffic levels.

Seems like a natural decline after the December shopping frenzy, and as others mentioned, there's the Haiti disaster to consider.

18. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 6 years ago
    1. chinweike profile image50
      chinweikeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the link. More of those kinds of links

2. RachelGB profile image60
      RachelGBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for this information.

19. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

My traffic is absolutely normal for this time of the week.

Sometimes when traffic changes (for better or worse) it means google is simply doing some re-indexing, so that could be it.

20. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

holiday bills have arrived. hmm  some make new resolutions to spend less... at least for a while.

21. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

my traffic just plain sucks - but that's okay, I haven't written anything in awhile!

22. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

Tuesday was a record traffic day overall, but everyone should remember that December is the strongest month of the year for AdSense, Amazon and eBay sales.  The seasonal shopping season drives more clicks and sales.  After January, they tend to trend up.

23. MarkAse profile image59
    MarkAseposted 6 years ago

I think it is the usual 4th quarter (Christmas) bounce that most of us experience.

I do think that Google HAD to downgrade Hubpages and other user generated content a bit, simply because it was being spammed.  Hubpages do the best job at keeping the spam out, so I'm sure the SERPS will come back over time.

24. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 6 years ago

Thank you everyone. I hope it goes up soon.

25. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Mine is down too, but I just go with the flow it will improve so I will not lose focus.smile

26. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Everything is fine here. Of course the holiday traffic is over, so I've seen a decrease from those levels. But I am ahead of October 2009 in terms of sales and traffic, so I'm happy.

27. a2z Support profile image60
    a2z Supportposted 6 years ago

I had one of my hubs on page 1 and position #1 for a keyword for the past week. It was a week old hub and I got 950 views just this week.
    But today I wake up and it's gone. Disappeared off the face of Google! Not even indexed anymore. I'm still getting views from yahoo (it's still #1 on yahoo search) but NONE from Google.

So I do think there is something going on with Google, either they're trying something different, or its some sort of error.
    I should also mention my adsense earnings are way down this week, despite the jump in pageviews.

1. easyspeak profile image78
      easyspeakposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same here. I had a hub that showed up #2 on the first page for a keyword and now it's gone.  Can't even find it on the 15th page.  Although, I do find several articles and blogs that I wrote to backlink to it on the first 2 pages!  I'd rather have the hub back on top though!