jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Are some people wired to get lots of Twitter followers, or what?

1. profile image0
    Hikikomoriposted 7 years ago

I don't get it: Why do so many people get 1000+ Twitter followers? This is unfathomable to me.

1. hublim profile image80
      hublimposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I believe some people like to feel popular and feel they must have lots of follower to appear cool, or worthy of people's attention.

I'm not a big twitterer myself. 

If you are using Twitter to promote yourself or your products etc. Then I could see the benefit of having people following you offering easy access to wide audience.

2. TerryGl profile image60
      TerryGlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Having been a twitterer for quite some time I would conclude that if your active, well behaved and have something to offer to the community, you will get followers. Yes it is a good marketing forum but there are many good finds there as well, such as joint ventures, free offers, immediate news events etc..

I tweeted once about sub for sub on Youtube and picked up over 1500 followers. In return I followed those 1500. Twitter can be fun and rewarding.

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
        greeneyesH1982posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just think its sort of weird I mean that sort of stuff really takes some peoples lives over... some people get addicted to it and personally a lot of people do it because they are obsessed with celebrities and such and what they are always doing.. well I dont really care if rihanna just got her hair done or if britney spears just got done buying shoes and going grocery chopping....

1. TerryGl profile image60

Not only that but there are millions of active members on the site, so I guess your right.

3. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
      greeneyesH1982posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree I personally dont use twitter.. I went on that site one time months ago seen what it was all about and never went back!! it was the mostboring stupidest thing I ever seen be created... wel maybe not the ONLY one but most definately one of them.. I could really care none for trends to be honest smile but thats just me=)

2. profile image0
    Hikikomoriposted 7 years ago

It's funny: Since creating this thread, I have one less Twitter follower.

1. prosmentor profile image50
      prosmentorposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is not a magic. It's all about work.

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

There is some sort of auto-follow people have on their accts hmm

4. profile image60
    curioxatposted 7 years ago

I think it should be more about quality than quantity, but I suppose the bigger your network is the more people they are selling to..

5. cindyvine profile image87
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

well if you're on Twitter you can add me, username is cindyvine

1. TerryGl profile image60

I followed @terryg

working