Trying to change affiliate settings; keep getting an error.

1. WordofMouse profile image60
    WordofMouseposted 6 years ago

I signed up with Google Adsense so I could use it with my hubs, but when I enter my publisher ID, the status shows up as "error." I keep getting a pop-up that tells me to check the format of the ID, as it usually starts out as ca-pub-123456, etc. My ID just starts out with pub-######## (no ca). I am pasting it directly from my Adsense account, so I don't know why it isn't working.

How can I enter my ID properly so that I can earn Adsense revenue from my hubs?

2. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 6 years ago

You don't actually add your Publisher ID. You need to verify your email address, last five digits of your phone number and your postcode, and it should automatically add your Publisher ID.

Though I'm unsure how you got approved with 0 hubs. Unless you acquired it by submitting some other site.

1. WordofMouse profile image60
      WordofMouseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I submitted my blog, which has more content. I didn't want to start writing here if I couldn't earn from the Adsense ads on my content.

I am in the affiliate settings page, and clicked edit next to the Adsense text box. It asked me to enter my Adsense publisher ID. Now, when I view my affiliate settings, my status is "active" for Adsense, so I am not sure what changed between earlier today and now.