jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Humanitarians

1. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Read about Dr. Sanjay Gupta staying with 25 patients after UN evacuated medical staff. They took all med supplies. Sanjay and crew stayed behind giving comfort and what aid they could. I think he should get recognition as a Humanitarian. Your thoughts?

1. Sa Toya profile image86
      Sa Toyaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree what a selfless and brave thing to do.
      It is very noble of him and I think he should receive some recognition for it too...well more than that of hubpages love

2. seanorjohn profile image81
      seanorjohnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Damescribe, you are right this doctor deserves our utmost respect.Thank goodness for such unsung heroes when disaster strikes.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yes, I saw that last night. this morning I heard that the UN said they did not order them to leave, that they left because of some securty issue? I was relieved to hear that none of the patients he had in that tent died during the night which was his concern.

4. Lady_E profile image82
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree, Damescribe.
      His Crew should be included too.

2. Hmrjmr1 profile image78
    Hmrjmr1posted 7 years ago

Concur, I would suspect we will hear many stories in the future about normal folks rising to the challenges, God Bless them all..cool

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I love seeing acts of kindness and concern for others and tire of racism, bitterness and prejudices tongue I prefer acts of beauty rather than ugly. hmm

working