jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

The inevitable question

1. apricot profile image82
    apricotposted 6 years ago

I know it's a question that's been asked a thousand times, probably more but I just don't know the answer to it.  I promise I've read an reread all the relevant hubs but I just can't work it out - I think I'm going wrong with making money on Hubpages but I'm not sure where.
    I mean, I don't necessarily want heaps of cash but after three months (or is it four?) my earnings are tottering at $1.70 - is that normal?  Nor have I received any pin number from Google yet on my Google account there's nothing indicating whether they've sent it or not.  I admit I'm confused.hmm

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It was normal for me!  I think I was at about $5 after three months (with 55 Hubs).  Now I cash out every month. My experience is that traffic and earnings increase with the age of your Hubs, so patience is a virtue! 

And Google won't send your pin till you've earned $10.

Have you set your Hubs up as separate Channels in Adsense?  That will let you track which ones are earning the best - and that way, you'll start to learn what subject work, and which don't.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Are you making Hubs with the intention and focus to earn, or are you just writing about whatever?

3. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

Ten hubs a month, that's a decent pace.  Just keep writing, make sure they're quality hubs that meet all the parameters that are well defined in all those hubs you've said you read. 

Eventually what happens is you hit a dinger hub that helps your traffic a lot.  Just keep writing, you'll start collecting more and more dingers and, you'll be good to go.

4. EmpressFelicity profile image82
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

After five months, my Adsense earnings have just hit the dizzy heights of £6.00!  And after three months, I had about £2. 

I think the people who say that they make loadsamoney quickly from Adsense on Hub Pages are either (a) lying, (b) lucky or (c) already have a high degree of expertise in SEO and affiliate marketing, combined with the know-how to write on subjects that attract traffic and have high-paying keywords.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image82
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No - make that £6.31, as of two minutes ago lol

5. apricot profile image82
    apricotposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone - that's enlightened me a bit.
    Relache - Yes, I'm just writing hubs on topics that interest me - I'm sure that's a big reason for the tumbleweed.

Hi Shadesbreath - I did have a 'dinger' a month back and it helped me a lot!  If it hadn't been for that one reckon I wouldn't be at the dizzy heights of $1,70!

Hi Marisa Wright!  I keep hearing about Adsense but I admit I haven't used it.  I'll start reading up, thanks!

EmpressFelicity - so it sounds like my earnings are normal then. Well done for the extra thirty one pence!  Perhaps when I'm a very old lady I'll be celebrating my first $100! smile