jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Photo Capsule-Allow viewers to see full size pic?

1. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

In the photo capsule there is a box to check to allow viewers to see image full-size when they click on the image. Is it better to allow this function or not?

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It depends on your purpose.

At times, I publish a graphic that is very detailed.  If you look at it in the Hub, you can't see the words.  But if you use that full-size option, then all is legible.

Some photos are good for zooming like this; some are not.  On my spider Hub, you can zoom in on one of the photos for a better look. But on my veal pocket Hub, the photo of the bone-in raw meat will pixilate when enlarged.

There's a good reason for using that feature or not.  Just depends on what you want to do.

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

If there's a reason why they need to see the image larger, to see the finer details, or if it's a map, otherwise, for me, it really doesn't matter.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I use it on some pics, but not all. smile

3. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

I have no idea if it's better or not, but I have used on many a hub.  I check it only when I feel there may be a need or desire for a reader to see a particular picture larger; I put myself in the reader's shoes to determine if it's necessary or not.

4. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I don't have it on any of my hubs. With that said.

I don't believe that there would be an advantage? I really don't think the picture puts that much more value other than being nice to look at. It isn't necessary to give your viewer something to play with.

I mean, you could look at from the stand point that they can click on it, so they will stay longer? Maybe, at best.

In some case, when showcasing many photos, it might be, because you really want them to stay longer and view the pictures. But, I've only seen that done on a few hubs. smile

Hope I helped. smile

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Casgil. You did help. You made good points I will keep in mind with pics. Just have this one Hub I added a lot of pics to and I want the Hub to have a "clean" look to it.

5. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Thanks Darkside. My pics normally are the right size when I post them.
    I know when I do a slideshow, I just don't like the tiny thumbnails scrolled across the page. Wonder if it makes a difference in a slideshow though?